These words come to mind:
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'till tomorrow,It's interesting isn't it, that some of the most wonderful times in life are often the hardest? When Azure was a newborn I couldn't wait for her to "grow up" because she was so colicky. I wished away her newborn days. This time around is different. Vince is much calmer. Or maybe I have learned to be a better soother thanks to Azure and The Happiest Baby on the Block.
for babies grow up, I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust, go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
Though I am exhausted, I want to relish in these days a little more than before. I want to remember all the squeals and squeaks that Vince makes when he's nursing. I want to remember the silly faces he makes- wide eyed with round lips and his tongue poking out. I want to remember the tiny little hairs on his ears that will surely disappear all too quickly.
I have to remind myself to find joy in this journey when I wake up in the mornings to Azure destroying the house.
*We are meeting with our doula tomorrow who will give us more details of the birth story so hopefully that will be up soon.




9 comments:
I am guilty of getting caught up in things that need to be done and often allow it to take away from time I should be spending with Spencer. My mom reminded me not too long ago that cooking/house-cleaning can always wait, but one day I will look at my son and realize that he's a man, so I need to enjoy the time I have with him now.
Thanks for the 2nd reminder! :)
I am so glad you are enjoying this crazy time. I bet it would be too bad if we spent all the time cleaning and not just loving our new babies. Not that cleaning is bad either, of course.
My second has been calmer, too. It is really nice! Sounds like you are enjoying sweet little Vince.
Now you need to change the name of the blog!!
I love that poem and thought about it A LOT while I was nursing and rocking my babies too. It's so true--babies grow up way too fast to worry about a messy house!
P.S. I also really liked this talk by President Monson, given in Oct. 2008. It's called, "Finding Joy in the Journey". I loved this quote from it: "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."
Thank you for this reminder! You're awesome!
Yeah, much more important to babyproof when you're glued to a chair for half the day. LOL (We didn't babyproof much with Haley either... I mean, sheesh, what else was there to do, but watch her?) So sad when they're not babies anymore. I totally started crying over a Kraftmaid Cabinetry commercial after I had Julian--this couple build their kitchen around this plate from their honeymoon, so it's like their honeymoon everyday "only with a few more sippy cups" and I cried that one day there would be no sippies in my house. Does this mean I'll miss dunking diapers, too? LOL
Loved this Deanna. What you said is very true. Our hardest times are our greatest. Kind of reminds me of the mission. It was hard but yet it was so wonderful! Children are the same. Sometimes life is just not a bowl full of cherries but yet happiness is all around. My Dad once told me that Mothers come the closet to knowing the sacrifice Christ gave because they sacrifice so much for their little ones. We really are blessed to have them and they are making us the people we need to be. Love you Deanna. VInce is beautiful.
Post a Comment