He has a patch of blonde hair on the top of his head. It's like a reminder that he is Charles' son. I hope it stays, it gives him character.
His big toe is really big for a newborn. The nurse even commented on it as soon as he was born. Another one of Charles' traits :)
He has pointy ears. This is something we hope will not stay :)
So far he doesn't have a hemangioma like Azure. Azure's manifested itself around 2 weeks.
He is sleeping pretty well during the night, (as well as a 4 week old can) 4-6 hour stretches. Of course there's been a few nights when he wakes up every 3 hrs, but on average he is pretty good. I am still sleep deprived however. I have always needed more sleep than the average bear. If I don't get enough sleep I get really bad migraines.
No Postpartum Depression this time around. I attribute that to the success of my VBAC and the fact that Vince seems to be more calm than Azure was. Also, I knew a little better what to expect this being my second time.






8 comments:
Deanna, I'm glad all is going well for you. I was a little postpartum after Spencer and since I don't have a history of depression, I honestly believe it was because my labor and delivery (c-section) was so traumatic. Hopefully I can have a successful VBAC too, but I'm trying to prepare myself mentally and emotionally for the possibility of another c-section.
Has it really been a month already?! I was very postpartum - it's weird for me not to say post natal- after Daniel and Emily. I put that down to being away from home for the first time -some people just leave town, I leave the country!-complications during pregnancy, and emergency c-section. I should've known I wasn't well when I was hallucinating during pregnancy. I'm sure a successful VBAC helped this time around. Even if it was 9 1/2 years later!
By the way, Vince is adorable!!!!!
What a sweet boy! And I'm impressed he sleeps for so long--that's awesome!
Why are you so far away from me???? Not fair!!!!
Oh man, he really is a cute little guy. And I am glad things are going better this time around... thanks for the updates.
I can't believe it's already been a month.
He is so adorable! And, I am also very grateful that things have been much smoother this time around.
And I love that about his blond patch! I hope he keeps it so I can see it. :)
He is very cute Deanna! I am so glad things are going well. You are such a good Mom!
he is adorable!
Post a Comment