It has been a great week at our house. Vince has slept for 8 hrs straight 3 nights this week! I have felt more rested and able to dedicate more time to Azure which has resulted in less melt downs for both of us. I attribute this blessing to fasting. Last week we fasted that we would essentially get better adjusted to having 2 kids, that Vince would sleep for longer stretches, that we could spend individual one-on-one time with Azure. It's no coincidence to me that the week following our fast that things have fallen into place. We have seen so many miracles as a result of fasting. I feel like the Lord is just waiting to shower us with blessings, but waits for us to come to Him in fasting and prayer before the down pour.
Another great milestone this week: SMILING!

Here's the only photographic evidence we have of this, unfortunately it's blurry. We caught Azure's first smiles in the swing too. I love when they start to smile, it melts my heart.
Vince's face is already changing. He doesn't look like a newborn to me anymore. He's definitely longer and heavier. He still has his newborn scent though, which I absolutely love. I can't stop burying my face and nose into his hair and all over his head. It's intoxicating.
Another answer to our fast is this bike.
While I was pondering what activities I could do with Azure, the thought to get her a bike came to my mind. I immediately went on Craigslist to see what they had. I found this bike listed from 2 weeks back. I emailed the lady but, wasn't too hopeful since the listing wasn't very recent. She emailed me back and told me it was still available. I was surprised. We went and saw it and it was in really good condition for $10.
Again, I attribute this all falling into place so quickly because of our fast. I have no doubt that the Lord Himself placed the thought in mind to look for a bike for her. She still hasn't really gotten the hang of how to ride it yet, though I'm sure with practice she'll be cruising all over the place.Azure has a feeling of pride for Vince. At church last Sunday she went up to her friend Bella and said, "Do you want to see my brother?" Then she turned to Vince who was in the baby carrier and gushed all over him. It was adorable. She also likes to lay next to him and "pet" his head and basically copy everything she hears me say to him- "It's okay boy. Hi boy. It's alright. Hi sweetie pie boy, sweetie pie bear. Oh, baby Vince."
Tonight she asked him, "Do you want to take a bath with Azure?" (I love that she talks about herself in the 3rd person still). When he didn't respond she said, "Oh, you're too small still. It's okay."
Everyday we are adjusting more and more to our new family. And everyday we receive divine help and blessings.





6 comments:
Yay for 8 hours of sleep! There is nothing like rest to help you face a day of entertaining a toddler. I'm so glad for you.
Little Vincenzo looks like hes ready to take-off and fly. Love it!
I do so appreciate your comments on my blog. And reading yours is helping me too. I am so glad that you are enjoying your new little Vince. He seems like such a sweetie, and that Superman photo is to die for! So, I am not really worried about loving this one less... actually a little of the opposite sometimes too. I am worried about Ella though and what terror will occur with some competition in the house. I guess I just want to make the best of what we have just her & me, and then I want some "alone time" with the new baby too. It will all work out, I know. I must inquire about your ability to fast while nursing however... how do you do it?
Sarah, I do half fasts while I'm nursing. I only skip breakfast and still drink water. The Lord still blesses you fully for half fasts :)
I admire yours and Charles' faith. I went to the Lord in prayer many 'a times when Spencer was just a little baby because both Saia and I were in school full time and not only did our happiness and sanity depend on Spencer being a good sleeper, our grades did too! I too, believe that Spencer was such a good sleeper because the Lord knew that's what we needed at the time. :)
He looks like Azure! I hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment