Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Vince's blessing day

Grandma Jensen bought this adorable blessing outfit for Vince.
I thought we were blessing him AFTER the sacrament, so I went into the mother's room to nurse him to make sure he was full and calm during the blessing. Imagine my surprise when about 10 mins later my mother in law comes in and tells me they are ready to bless him NOW. Gratefully they had 2 confirmations to do as well so they just did those first as I got him into his blessing outfit.

The blessing was beautiful. Many things were said but one of the sweetest things was that Charles blessed Vince to have a love for Azure, to be close to her, and share many experiences which will strengthen him throughout his life. As a mother of course one of my desires is that they will be close and help each other make good choices and encourage each other to stay faithful to the gospel (especially during their high school years). I was overcome with emotion to hear a desire of my heart spoken aloud in Vince's blessing. I'm very grateful that Charles holds the priesthood and is able to bless our children! And Vince didn't even whimper, very different from Azure who screamed the entire time. We're glad that we had at least one extended family member there to witness it.
It was a little big, but he still looks adorable in it.
Mother and son

Having a son is somewhat different than having a daughter. I love my little girl and am grateful I got her first. I feel somewhat more possessive of Vince than I do of Azure though. I understand the phrase "Mama's boy" and "Daddy's girl" a little better now.
Our family of four

*Note* Google reader actually does NOT work for updating feeds for private blogs :(

5 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

What a beautiful family. I love you guys!

Ruth said...

LOVE the family picture! I just can't believe how much Azure grows. And how cute is Vince's outfit. I'm so happy for you, Deanna.

Wendy said...

I'm so glad his special day went well. He looks adorable in his blessing outfit. And I have to comment on past posts--I love Vince's cute smiles, and I absolutely LOVE the superman picture! Ha! So funny and cute!

Bonnie said...

So adorable! I'm glad he's a happy baby for you, and I'm sure Azure will soon learn how great little brothers are! Mine helps me beat all the levels in Super Mario. =)

Melissa said...

He is soooo cute! You should take another trip out to Idaho so we can cuddle him and see Azure again.