Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Silly words and Bob's newest fan

Because it's been so hot this last week we've gone swimming a few times. I told Azure that we had to put on our bathing suits to go. She looked in her drawer for it and when she found it exclaimed, "Okay, baby soup!" I almost died laughing. She is so fun! After she was dressed, we applied her spray on sunscreen. She likes to pretend she's spraying it herself and then rubs it on, even on her bathing suit. Being a stay at home mom is truly the best career move I've ever made :)

Another cute word she says is caterpillar. She adds 2 or 3 extra syllables in there. I'll have to get her saying it on video. At the temple last week we saw a caterpillar on the grass. I put Azure's arm right in it's path so that it would crawl up her arm. She loved watching it crawl up and down and wiggled with delight since it tickled. Almost everyday since then she's been talking about her caterpillar friend, always followed by the word "arm" and then the sign for caterpillar.

Aside from the theme songs of Signing Time and Backyardigans, Get Up, Stand Up is now one of Azure's favorite songs!

7 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

oh my gosh! I have the cuttest niece ever. That is so adorable, I love how she repeats it. Awesome

Anonymous said...

Yes!!!!! BOB MARLEY!!!! She's singing Bob Marley!!! She is DEFINTELY my niece.... Oh man, she's so adorable! :) Keep teaching her these kind of songs, I'll start a reggae band with her someday! haha...
Love, Uncle Angen

Stefani M. said...

I love it when kids try so hard to say words.
Haley's cute but difficult words were octopus and apricot... both of which she pronounced "opitee."
Oh, and I think kids like songs the best where they can understand the words with a lot of repetition! (For a while, Haley was really into "Beat It.")

kyle and ila johnson said...

I can't believe how time flies. She has grown a lot. She sure is cute and looks like a lot of fun.

Just Me said...

She is so super cute!! Kids and music are a great combination!!

Wendy said...

Baby soup! I love it!!!! And that video of her is precious!!!

Sarah said...

Wow. Love the hair! And I just have to agree 100% with your career move comment and the blessings of being a mom and having a sweet baby girl to cheer you up.