Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hair cut, animals, videos

Last week I cut my hair. I wanted to try it somewhat short to prepare for the hot, humid summer we have ahead.This is the shortest my hair has ever been. I'm starting to like it more and more. Mostly because it only takes 10 mins to style straight, and only 5 mins to style curly. Gotta love that! My natural curl even curls better, now that it's shorter. On Fridays Charles doesn't have class until 9am so Azure gets to see him before he leaves for school. She wanted to ride on his back, but was still a little sleepy.We bought a membership to the Wilderness Park here and usually go on Toddler Tuesdays. Azure likes the farm and the wolves the best. In the car on the way there she excitedly repeated, "Farm, cow, *moo*, sheep, *baa*, donkey, horse, *neigh*, pig, chicken, *ca-doodle-doo*." And of course, she can do all the signs too, thank you to Signing Time's Leah's Farm. One of our favorites! We check them all out from our library.

Preface to this video: I had Azure on my lap as I read her Hokey Pokey book, which is just the lyrics to the song. I grabbed her arm and shook it all about, and then her legs, and so on to help her learn the movements. Well, she copied me exactly!


Doesn't she just make you smile? Today after coming home from choir rehearsal, I was feeling pretty depressed. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. As soon as I opened the door, Azure greeted me, "Hi mommy!" She came running and wrapped her arms around my legs. I bent down and she gave me a kiss. I could feel the love that the Lord had for me through that sweet, little girl. What a blessing children are!

13 comments:

Allison Holmes said...

Thanks for taking me on board! Azure sure is a cutie - time just flies when we are running after our little ones huh? Oh and I love your hair! It is really cute.

Wendy said...

Those videos were sooo cute! It's so true, when you are feeling down all you have to do it get a hug from your children to make you feel better :). And, your hair cut is SUPER cute too!

Line said...

How sweet, I love me some Spencer-hugs when I'm feeling down. :)

And can I just say I LOVE the haircut?! You rock that short hair! :)

Aunt Tally said...

First off, your hair is absolutley amazing and I'm jealous cuz ur so cute! I love it so much. u should definately stick to it. And second, your daughter is so lovable and u are so lucky to have her. We miss her everyday

Stefani M. said...

LOVE her trying to snap. So adorable! And the short hair is cute! I want to cut my hair in a couple of months for our Texas hot and humid summers:).

Just Me said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! I enjoy my short hair because of how quick it is to blow it dry. I will be growing it long soon, but I have lots of hesitation in doing so. And Azure is so adorable I love her tired picture! Daddy time is always special time isn't it?!?

adriandgreg said...

You look great with short hair! I love it!

*Meg Larsen* said...

that's the signing time we have from the library right now :o)

i think your hair is SOO cute that length! it's perfect!

Michelle said...

Love the new hair cut! And I love Azure's attempt to copy your snapping, so cute!

Cassandra said...

I LOVE your hair! I might have to copy it;)

. said...

You look so great with your new haircut!! It really suits you well!

Melissa said...

oo! i love the hair cut!

Layla said...

Your hair is stunning! Can I please have your hair??