Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter and other stuff

Seems like awhile since I've done a good post on Azure's new developments...

Yesterday I stood on one of our stools to reach a baking dish on the top shelf of our storage. Azure had been watching me curiously, and as soon as I stood up on the stool she said, "Sit down mommy!" I laughed out loud. Especially when she kept repeating it, her tone getting more and more stern.

She still calls movies, "fujis" and requests to watch one at least 5x a day. I always repeat back to her her request in question form. "You want to watch a fuji?" Her answer, "Okay." I think it's her wishful thinking that of course my answer will be, "okay". Which most of the time it is, unless it's bedtime. Then I ask her, "Which movie do you want to watch?" More than half of the time her answer is, "Baby sally." Which is to say Baby Signing Time or Signing Time. She has a book called "Silly Sally" and gets the words sign and sally mixed up.

We had a good Easter Week. I planned a Passover type dinner for the Young Women at church. Read about Christ's last week on earth, went to a wilderness park, dyed Easter eggs, made candy lollipops for the first time, prepared an Easter lesson for the Young Women, put together Easter baskets for them, planned, invited, and cooked for 10 people for Easter dinner (7 adults, 3 kids) and tried to compile our videos of Azure for The Generations Project. It was busy, but good.

We asked Charles' friend if he could take a few pics of us in our Easter garb. Turns out he has a WAY nice camera and used to photograph weddings. Nice! Here are a few:

8 comments:

lori said...

The family pictures are DARLING! And your candy lolly pops to! Glad you had a happy (busy!) holiday!

lori said...

here's the second 'o' for that 'to' up there =)

Wendy said...

CUTE Easter pictures!!! We tried to take some and Eliza was freaking out...grrrr! I know this is random, but if you are looking for some good books, I started reading some awesome LDS romantic suspense novels that take place in Georgia and thought of you. You'd probably like them! The author's name is Betsy Brannon Green and you can find them used on Amazon for pretty cheap. Oh, and we have a new blog! http://newsfromthestewfam.blogspot.com/

Aunt Tally said...

Hey, you're wearing my dress! =) so is she able to watch fujis? Aunt Ta Ta and uncle Angen didn't break the dvd player?

Line said...

Cute family pix!

Sounds like you're busy, busy, busy out in Georgia. That's always a good thing, especially when you're far from family, right?

Stefani M. said...

Glad you had a nice Easter. Cute pictures. It's nice when pictures turn out well. I used to get more crazy about pics, but I console myself with the fact that--most of the time--I'm trying to just capture (real) life.

You talked about pulling up a stool in the kitchen, and I thought you were going to say how she wanted to stand and watch you work at the counter... Haley wants to "help" all the time... rather annoying sometimes, but how else is she going to learn. (I just need to be more patient.)

adriandgreg said...

Very cute! What a cute little Easter bunny too! I hope all is going well with YW. I would have loved to have a president like you when I was in YW!

. said...

I love those Bunny Ears! Sounds like you had a great Easter. :)