Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 17, 2009

Yummy Sauce

About 2 wks or so ago Azure started saying, "Yummy sauce". She had said the word yummy before but, not sauce. And certaintly not sauce paired with the word yummy. I tried to figure out where she came up with it. I remembered a few days earlier she wouldn't eat her apples so I suggested that she dip them in honey, thinking that would entice her to finish them. Sure enough, it did the trick. The next day, she again wouldn't finish her "pastas" (this time mac n cheese w/ broccoli bits). So, I squirted some ketchup on it, and she gobbled it up.

So, I'm concluding that the yummy sauce is both honey and ketchup based on the following conversation:
Me: "Azure, what's the yummy sauce?"
A: "Yummy sauce"
Me: "Is it the Ketchup?"
A: "Ketchup"
Me: "Or the honey?"
A: "Honey"

But, I think we've found yet a 3rd candidate for "yummy sauce". I got the fabulous idea from some crafty kid blog (forgot which one now) to use leftover Cool Whip as edible finger paint. It was a huge hit, though I think I'll use even less next time. She had quite a sugar high after consuming this new yummy sauce.

4 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

How fun. I wanna paint with whip cream! yummy sauce reminds me of yucky bug. Her and her phrases; so cute.

Blake and Laura said...

Too funny! That's sounds fun painting with Cool whip. We may try that (in small portions).

Wendy said...

That's so cute! There's something about dipping food that makes it more appealing to kids. Clara used to HATE broccoli but now, if she's got some cheese whiz to dip it in, she'll eat a plate full!

Sarah said...

What an adorable little Easter Bunny family. Hm... reading about yummy sauce made me hungry. My yummy sauce is alfredo. (not very healthy I might add)