Last weekend Azure got to go in a "bouncy house" and ride a pony. She loved jumping.

And she was pretty excited to get on the horse, at first...


Then, she made these faces...

No crying or whimpering at all, just some serious reflection, possibly mixed with a scosh of uncertainty and distrust. (I don't know why her shirt is sticking up)
Later that night she took a bath and was all smiles again.

Mostly because she tried out her very own poof for the first time. She loves that thing!

In other news, I canned for the very first time in my life and now finally feel like a real homemaker. Thanks to my friend Leslie for showing me the ropes.

Our beautiful diced tomatoes with basil. Yummy!
12 comments:
How cute, her first pony ride. I was surprised to see she had socks on with snadals. Was this your doing? ha ha
Ha! I actually was going to address that, but forgot. She had a blister on her toe and wouldn't keep a bandaid on, so we used socks. That's the only reason. Her blister has healed and now she is sock free with sandals!
Congrats on canning. I hope to do that a bit this fall. Yee-ha. I love the pics of Azure... esp that first one. She looks so happy. And riding a pony... she would make Grandma Jensen proud.
How fun that you canned some tomatoes! Congratulations on it-especially since it's a first time. But really, one of the most wonderful things about canning is that it's this great sense of accomplishment EVERY time. I love it!
Look at you Mrs. Molly Homemaker. Very impressive. The only thing I will ever can is some strawberry jam. My grandma taught me how once and one day many moons from now I will attempt it on my own. Azure is a doll. Here's to many more fun times in a bounce house! Kids never get tired of those things! Sadly even after hours of being in one. How they have so much energy I will never know!
What a face on that pony! Haley would probably be scared silly... of course, she's also afraid of bounce houses, too, because she doesn't like the blowers--she hates the loud sound they make... we can't use bathroom air-hand dryers either for the same reason. Oh, well. Congrats on becoming Miss Suzie Homemaker. It makes me feel like a real homemaker, too, when I make things from scratch (though, I've never tried my hand at canning), so good job!
How fun. I can't believe how grown up she is now! I still haven't canned. I should try it sometime.
How cute! That's so funny...I just did canning for the first time last week too. I said I feel like a real "mormon" homemaker now!
GO Deanna. That is a ton of work to can. You were a real homemaker before with all your home-made baby food--and I am sure you did other things before I knew you!
Awwww.... love the cute little faces.
Now canning is taking homemaking to a whole new level! I have yet to reach that level.
I love Azure's "serious reflection" face. She's a cutie!
Canning is fun! (if not time-consuming!) congrats on your first batch. :)
Post a Comment