2 weeks ago Azure got sick. Sunday morning she woke up with a temperature of 103. Luckily there were no other symptoms and by Tuesday her fever broke. Just being on house arrest with her for 2 days made me go crazy! My sanity relies on me getting out of the house everyday and having social interaction with other adults.
Her appetite only went down slightly. Here's her somewhat delirious fever hairdo.
On our 5 hr drive home Azure requested to listen to "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam" and "I Love to see the Temple" about 100 times. After listening to "I Love to see the Temple", she would exclaim, "Beam!" then, after that song was over, "Prayers!" (she is in the habit of praying after listening to that song because we often sing it for opening and closing song for Family Home Evening). After prayers, she would ask, "Temple?" And the cycle continued numerous times. Even though it got kinda old, it still warmed my heart that she loves these primary songs so much :)After our arrival home we visited Azure's favorite farm where she got to run around and look at all the animals.




6 comments:
Oh, the song requests. The desire for repetition does not wane for a loooooong time. So glad there's a repeat option on the CD player!
And sorry she was sick. Haley just got over a fever herself yesterday and Julian appears to finally be coming out of it, too. (Haley's started Thursday morning and Julian's started Friday midday.)
I totally feel ya about the whole getting out of the house thing. It's so hard to be stuck at home for long periods of time. Wait til you have more kids and they all get sick one right after the other, that's the worst! :)
So glad that Azure is feeling better! How scary. I hope your cabin fever has been cured. I know what you mean!
She is so cute, even when she is sick. I bet she had fun with that corn on the cob!
Hoorah for Azure's song choices. :) When I was a very little girl (before I remember) my mother would sing I love to See the Temple and ask for "temple" over and over. It's still one of my favorite songs. :)
Post a Comment