Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

3rd Anniversary

Wednesday was our 3 year anniversary. We decided on taking a dinner cruise down the Savannah River. The sites were exquisite. Savannah truly is a beautiful city.
As we sailed along we couldn't help but think of the rich history of the river. Of the many slaves who traveled these waters to be sold. Of the many settlers from Europe who came to start a new farming life here in Savannah. Of the men in battle during the Civil War who sailed it to fight to keep their way of life on the plantations, and the men who fought to restore the Union and stop the Confederates. We feel grateful to live in a city full of such history.
Would an anniversary post be complete without saying how grateful I am for Charles? Or how amazing he is?

Last Sunday our Young Women lesson was on Temple Marriage. I found this cute idea on Sugardoodle.net to make these darling hangers for the girls. I was up late making them and loved every minute of it.

These aren't very good pictures. Here's what it says:

Hang onto your values
Hang onto to your testimony
Hang onto your goals
So that someday you can hang your temple dress on me


I loved that I was teaching this lesson just days before our anniversary. It fills me with joy to see these girls with so much of their future ahead of them. I love hearing their "Husband To Be Lists". I am grateful that I made those lists as a teenage girl. I am grateful I hung onto my values, testimony, and goals to be worthy to enter the temple and marry a man that was also temple worthy. I married the man I hoped and prayed for, for so long.

How merciful is the Lord? Merciful enough to let this love I have for Charles and Azure to last eternally, not just for this life.

I am grateful I get to kiss both of these cute faces everyday:

Life is good :)

13 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

That's a really cute pic of dada and cub =)

Blake and Laura said...

Makayla had that same dress, but when she was 2 months old. That is a cute idea for Young Women. You must be a great young women's leader. You're always doing fun and well thought out ideas.

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! I love that hanger idea, I'm definitely gonna pass that one on to the YW leaders in my ward.

Stefani M. said...

Happy Anniversary! Cute hanger. And I love Sugar Doodle, too. I use it every other week when I teach Sunbeams.

Just Me said...

Very sweet post! I love Azure's little dress. She's so adorable!

Sarah said...

Aw. Happy #3 you guys. Time goes by so fast, doesn't it? How fun to live in a historically rich city... sounds like a great date. Glad life is good :)

Layla said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you are having a good time in the south, I miss it dearly!

Nana Lama said...

I am so very happy that you found the man you prayed for.Charles is truly an amazing man.Azure is truly a gem.

Line said...

Happy anniversary Deanna! What a cute lesson idea for your YW girls!

I just got called to be YW pres too! How crazy is that? I am scared, but excited. Any tips would be welcomed. :) (Email me!)

adriandgreg said...

Loved this post! I use sugardoodle.net all the time! You are doing such a good job in your calling I can tell. Those are some lucky girls to have you! Congrats on your anniversary- I am excited for your family and all the Lord has in store for you!

Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

Love the post, you are very thought provoking. The young women's hangers are great, I think I will check out sugardoodle, have a wonderful day. Oh yeah, congratulations on your 3rd year anniversary.

Melissa said...

First, love that you did the cruise. We never got around to it, and it looks like a neat time. Second, LOVE your hanger idea. Very cool.

Hillary said...

Happy Anniversary! Those pictures are so pretty.