We have some great videos of Azure coming up but, a friend of mine posted this on her blog and I feel inclined to post it as well. My grammar is not perfect but, I have noticed this problem more and more and I think we could all use a reminder. Plus, this is just hillarious!




3 comments:
wow. Notice the ending (grammatical observation's) hypocryte. ha ha
Yes. Love the ending... observation's. I don't see the apostrophe misused so much, but I see misspellings all over the place. Seriously... does no one use spellchecker anymore?
The apostrophe problem is one of my HUGEST pet peeves! A year or so ago a store window had "Happy Holiday's" painted in it---they paid someone to paint that, and seriously, though they probably didn't notice, they should have gotten their money back or had the person fix it. Humiliating, really. I agree with Stefani's comment too. I think it stems from people's texting habits carrying over into their emails, which carries over into anything else they write. I feel bad for English teachers having to stumble through some of that junk.
Thanks for the video, Deanna. It made me feel better knowing I'm not the only one that gets annoyed at that particular grammatical faux pas.
Post a Comment