Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gratitude

Like you, I have a lot of what I consider to be righteous desires. Here are two of them.

I have always had the desire to have some part of my life on film. Maybe not so much for others but, for my family, for my posterity. I think a "movie" of some sort lets you see a dimension of people that you can't understand just by reading their journal or having someone tell you about them.

Unfortunately none of my ancestors kept journals, at least not that I know of, or have ever seen. I have always wished to read about their lives, their thoughts. I've always been intrigued to hear stories about my ancestors. I wondered if they had been like me at all. I wondered what qualities of theirs had been passed down to me.

A little over a month ago, I found out through one of my good friends, Jamie, that her husband, who works for BYU TV, was looking for people to be on a TV series highlighting family history, called the Generations Project. Through some email correspondence and phone calls regarding my ancestors, I found out that I have been selected to be on the show!

My first feelings were those of gratitude. I can't stop bearing testimony that the Lord gives us the righteous desires of our hearts when we are faithful and obedient! I now have the opportunity to find out about the lives of my maternal great grandparents. The directors of the show will be working with professional genealogists. They are also flying me out to St. Louis (where my great grandparents died) and to California to interview my Nana. So, part of my family history will be on film, along with me. And my posterity can watch it and know what qualities their ancestors had, and what qualities I have.

I think they are still looking for people, so if you live outside the UT area (they want non-Utahns) then check out their website and apply!

We plan on filming in June and I will keep you posted as I'm on the set. The show will air on BYU TV in the Fall.

8 comments:

Ruth said...

That is absolutely AWESOME!! I'm so happy for you--I've known some about how much you want to know about your ancestors. And, well, all of it. It makes me SO happy; all the aspects of this. Happy Happy.

lori said...

That is FABULOUS!!!! Please let us know when it's scheduled to air!

sandra said...

You are the cutest girl ever. Miss you guys every Thursday!!

. said...

Dee=MOVIE STAR! Seriously though, that is incredible that this opportunity has opened up to you. I loved your comment about how Heavenly Father will bless you with the desires of your heart if you are faithful and obedient. That is so true. The blessings may happen at a different time or way that you had originally planned, but He will bless you. Let us know when it airs!

Blake and Laura said...

Wow!!! Look at you! That is so exciting. Can't wait to hear all about it and maybe even watch it.

Line said...

That's awesome, Deanna! Congrats!

Just Me said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! What a great gift in life!

Sarah said...

That is so awesome! Way to go. I can't wait to hear about it and to see it, too.