Day 1
First stop- Daytona Beach. Too bad you have to have 4 wheel drive to drive on the beach there. It would have been cool. We played in the water at Cocoa Beach. Azure had a blast with Dada.
She also liked playing in the sand with her shovel and pail. A great buy from the Dollar Store, too bad we forgot it there :(
Day 2
Had lunch with one of Charles' mission companions in Ft. Lauderdale. Then headed to Miami. The water at Miami Beach was beautiful.Then we headed to Little Havana and the famous Calle 8. Everyone assumed you spoke Spanish and it was great to see so many fellow Cubanos :) We looked for a shirt for Azure that said "I'm a 1/4 Cuban" but, didn't find any. We ate some delicious yucca with incredible mojo sauce (that I need to make!) and classic platanos fritos. It made me miss my grandparents!
Chasing pigeons in Jose Marti Plaza.
Matching green for St. Patty's Day.Gloria Estefan's star. I was a huge fan when I was little.
Then we headed down to the keys at sunset. And, I downloaded, especially for this occasion, the song Kokomo from the Beach Boys to my iPod so I could listen to it as we drove on Key Largo. It made my day. It was indeed amazing to see ocean on both sides, in front of you, and behind you from the highway.
Sunset on the 7 mile bridge
Day 3
Sunrise on Key West. We sure didn't sleep in on this vacation.
We rented bikes and rode around the town. Azure wasn't very comfortable so she wasn't a huge fan. Key West was beautiful. Azure liked all the roosters running around the island. Then we drove to the Bahia Honda Key and relaxed on the beach there. It almost felt like we were in Hawaii, the clearest water I've seen in the (mainland) US. Tropical paradise.
That night we drove back to "mainland" Florida through the everglades. It started to rain though so we didn't see any alligators. We found a Cuban-Italian restaurant in some podunk town! I love to see lasagna and black beans and rice on the same menu :) As we drove back to Orlando we passed through miles and miles of orange groves and could smell the sweet fragrance of orange blossoms. What a delight! We also drove by Florida's Own OJ factory and could smell them heating up large caldrons filled with OJ. Day 4
Drive back to Savannah. This is when the camera started freaking out so we don't have any pics of Day 4, but we do have some video which I may add later. We got to see the beautiful Orlando temple. We also stopped in a town owned by Disney World called Celebration. The architecture was phenomenal. Charles thought it was freaky, too much like The Truman Show, but I thought it was kinda cool since I'd never seen anything like it in real life.
All in all it was a great vacation. I loved Florida! I wouldn't mind living there actually, I liked it so much.




14 comments:
What BEAUTIFUL pictures! I can almost smell the salty air and feel the warmth of Florida. You and Azure are so cute in your twinner outfits. And....HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEE! I'm sure it's already 2 am in Georgia, but in Reno it's still March 27th, and hence, time to party! :) Love ya!
$40 spent well! What a great vacation. It looks like so much fun!
Wow, how fun! Jared and I will have to put the Keys on our list of future vacations to plan.
Totally worth it to spend the $40 bucks on the pictures. Beautiful! Looks like you all had fun. We need to go take a trip like that.
I love that you guys are adventurous! We are going to have to visit the keys soon. Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope it was fabuloso.
How fun! It's funny because I bought that exact same swimsuit that Azure had on for Valerie at Old Navy! Great minds think alike! :)
What a beautiful vacation, it looked like a ton of fun. I did not know you were Cuban so I also learned some things. I'm glad to be catching up. We finally have internet again. I will keep checkin up. It's crazy to see how big Azure is.
What beautiful pictures! It looks like you had tons of fun!
wow that looks like a great vacation! makes me want to go....*sigh* someday!
Cute pictures! Deanna, you look beautiful! And I'm jealous of those sunny beach pictures. Spring has been in and out here in Utah and I'm itching for it to stay!
They were woth recovering!! BEAUTIFUL pictures! Glad you had a great trip!!
Sounds like you guys had a great vacation! We're still trying to make it out there someday.
What a fun trip! I'm glad you recovered the photos. You make traveling with a baby look fun and easy (besides the fact that you are up before sunset). I love Azure's bathing suit, too!!
Sarah, I just left out the bad parts of the trip: Azure screaming for hours in her carseat, not sleeping in the hotel room, only taking one nap the whole week. I guess looking at the pictures made me forgot all of that :)
Post a Comment