Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 27, 2009

Learning new stuff

Azure can now say "Cubby"! I love to hear her say it in her cute little voice. She is copying almost everything I say now. This morning as we were driving home from some shopping, a pedestrian crossed the street when they weren't supposed to, it was our green light. One of my pet peeves of all time is someone that does something to inconvenience someone else without apologizing or acting sorry for what they've done. Frustrated because this pedestrian was walking S L O W L Y across the street when they weren't supposed to even be crossing at all, I yelled out, "Hustle!" Azure repeated me with, "hustle". It just dawned on me that I need to be careful what I say around her. I need to be an example to her at all times.

She can say temples and identify them in pictures. She also says the word prophet when she sees pictures of President Monson or Joseph Smith!
She now points to her lips when I ask her, "Donde estan tus labios?" When I ask her how old she is, she puts her little index finger up and says, "One". We're still working on this though, she doesn't get it every time.
I also taught her how to play Patty (Pat-a) Cake this week and she loves to clap my hands with hers. At the end of the Signing Time DVDs they say, "Come visit us at SigningTime.com". Azure chimes in and repeats, "Dot com." She's such a technical savvy toddler. That obviously wasn't a vocabulary word for any of us 80's kids!

And I thought this was pretty funny!

8 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

ha ha, that is so cute. since when do u say hustle? i would've thought "hurry up" or "Take your time" would be something you'd say. That is funny that she repeated it though.

Stefani M. said...

Kids are such parrots! I can't believe how big she is now and how much she's doing. And so cute on blowing her nose. That will certainly come in handy.

Sarah said...

I love it! It's so fun to hear all of the fun things that Azure is doing/saying. I wish we could just get together & play.

Just Me said...

Some people can be so flipant sometimes. Or uncouth or every other synonym we researched for disrespectful just so we didn't have to say, "people are so disrespectful sometimes" all the time! Azure is a cutie thats for sure! What fun times!!

. said...

do the hustle!! That's funny that Azure repeats everything you say! Scott was mortified last week when he went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription last week. He took Ezra with him, and there was this other dad who yelled at his kids to "Sit down, and be quiet!" So Ezra walks over to the 2 kids, points to them, and mimics the guy's voice EXACTLY. I would have loved to see the guy's face. Scott was too embarrassed to look!

Bonnie said...

Super cute! I'm glad you are teaching her Spanish! Keep it up!

Kassi said...

That little girl is so dang cute! I absolute love that video of her blowing her nose. It was pretty funny.

Wendy said...

Ha! I'm laughing at that cute little video of Azure blowing her nose and at Anne's comment. Yeah, I would've died! I hear myself in Clara all the time--and she corrects me when I say things I shouldn't like the "S" word (stupid, of course!). Kids are good little reminders of what we should or shouldn't say, aren't they?