Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 9, 2009

Words of the week

Here's my attempt to remember all the words and things Azure has learned this past week:

After she called out, "Mommy!" from her crib (my cue to come get her out) I was greeted by a sweet, "Morning!" A combination of me saying this to her every morning and watching a new Signing Time DVD with these words helped her to learn it.
"Bless you" (after we sneeze) She's so courteous :)

"I love you" (dada taught her this one when he puts her down to sleep everynight. He has the magic touch. Fine by me. She wouldn't fall asleep w/o me the first 13 months or so of her life. I'm happy w/ the change :)

She's sucessfully figured out how to flip the light switch on and off with only minimal help from me (mostly only to lift her up to it).

After her bath every night I tell her to put her ducky away (b/c she insists on holding it). I say, "Tell your ducky bye bye. He's sleepy. Good night ducky." Then I put a cup over him so he can have some privacy as he sleeps. Then Azure says, "Bye bye ducky, sleepy." In the morning when she goes into the bathroom she points to the cup where the ducky sleeps beneath and repeats this. Sometimes she'll shake her head no as if she knows she's not to play with him yet b/c he's still sleeping :)
Something else that makes me laugh is when we hear our neighbors pipes as a result of them turning their water on, Azure yells, "Bath!"

Azure has also made up a new song. It's almost the same tune as "Badabadabada" with some slight variations. The lyrics to her new song are as follows: "Yucky poop, yucky bug, yucky poop, yucky bug." Repeat 38 times.

She also learned the sign for awake and says it very dramatically as she closes her eyes and then opens them. This girl is quite hilarious.

3 comments:

Stefani M. said...

Ah, a big YIPPEE for daddies putting babies to bed. I swear, it's the lingering scent of Mommy, but Julian sleeps waaaaay longer when Quentin rocks him (after being nursed for 20 minutes and immediately popping up after being put in bed, the little stinker). Quentin starting putting Haley to bed when I dropped to just a morning feeding for her. (Otherwise, she would want to nurse, or course!) He STILL puts her to bed. She's totally a daddy's girl.
And totally fun her learning new words. It's such an exciting time she's in the thick of (and that Julian is entering) to just be learning constantly.

Just Me said...

That must be nice having dad put them to bed. I can't remember the last time I wasn't home by myself to put the kids to bed since Tyler seems to be living at work. Luckily he's working a half day tomorrow and is taking Mon, Tues, and Wed off and he won't go in on either weekend day Yea!!! So, I'm sure he'll be putting Zach to bed most of those nights. Azure is so big in size and intelligence. Enjoy this time and I enjoy reading about her new experiences. She's such a doll!

Aunt Tally said...

oh my goodness. I am so happy that I get to see her so soon. She sounds so cute