Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Speaking Out

Today in church Charles helped out in a baby blessing. As he got up to go Azure said, "Bye, bye Dada!" and waved. It was so cute, even though it was somewhat loud. A few minutes later another child started crying. As the mother removed this child from the chapel into the foyer Azure announced, "She's sad." I had taught her how to say that on Friday and she remembered. I am so impressed with her memory and vocabulary. And I am so excited for this new phase of speaking in sentences!Because we don't have any TV reception, the only thing we watch is Signing Time. Luckily our library has lots of copies now so we check out new DVDs every 2 weeks. She can do about 80 signs now! At the end of some of the DVDs is a segment on the alphabet. Azure follows along except her version of the alphabet is much more exciting and changes every time. It sounds a lot like this: "C, shoe, B, shoe, G, B, shoe, C, dee, da, shoe." I love that she thinks shoe is a letter! Our goal is to get her saying this on video. Hopefully we can post it soon. Munching on star fruit.
Star and fruits are some of her favorite words so she loved saying them together. This girl is just too much fun! Her love and enthusiasm for life and inquistive nature always puts a smile on my face and warms my heart.

9 comments:

Blake and Laura said...

I love her alphabet. So cute!

Aunt Tally said...

aw, I can't believe she is talking. How cute. Can't wait to see you guys

Sarah said...

What a smartie pants (no suprise, you are her mom:)). I have heard such great things about singing time DVDs but still haven't tried them...I'll have to get them from the library too!

Sarah said...

When did you start signing time? She looks so fun. I wish we could get together and play.

Just Me said...

I love this age!!!! I know I said it last time, but I'm so looking forward to when B is a toddler!!! It really is the best because they are learning and absorbing SOO much. Not that they stop doing that when they are 4, but at Azure's age it's still really cute and exciting!

adriandgreg said...

Wow! That is great that she knows 80 signs and using sentences! She is a smart girl like her Mama :)

. said...

DEEEEE! I love this stage!! I was watching some old videos of Ezra when he was 1, learning some words and phrases, and it was just adorable. Hopefully Azure will be an angel into the 2-year old phase, too. Way to go with the starfruit. She is being exposed to so many yummy and healthy foods! Makes me feel bad about about my teddy grahams and fruit snacks!

Maren B said...

Azure is a smarty! Way to be proactive with the learning. I can't say the same for myself.

Cassandra said...

How cute (her calling to daddy in church). A couple weeks ago I was leading the music in sacrament and Aubrey is sitting there waving her arm and when it was silent she blurted out "Look mommy, I'm doing it just like you!"
Sounds like your little girl is a smart cookie;)