Other things we're doing to get ready for Christmas: We are taking family Christmas pictures this week, going to see A Christmas Carol with friends, participate in Angel Tree, sing and listen to the Hallelujah Chorus at our stake Christmas fireside, read scriptures about the Savior's birth "under" the Christmas tree, drive around the south, spend time with family and friends, and probably other stuff I can't remember right now.
As I've mentioned before, every night before bed Charles and I sing hymns to Azure. We've started singing Christmas hymns and the other night while singing Away in a manger my heart was touched at the humility of our Savior. As we sang the words "no crib for his bed" while looking at Azure in her cozy crib I was filled with gratitude for the worldly possessions we have.
"The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay", how great of the God of this universe to condescend below all things and sleep on hay. "Stay by my cradle till morning is nigh". And I love the 3rd verse: "Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay close by me forever, and love me I pray. Bless all the dear children in thy tender care, and fit us for heaven to live with thee there." How grateful we are this Christmas to have a beautiful daughter, truly a gift from God, who teaches us so much about the pure love of Christ.
"The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay", how great of the God of this universe to condescend below all things and sleep on hay. "Stay by my cradle till morning is nigh". And I love the 3rd verse: "Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay close by me forever, and love me I pray. Bless all the dear children in thy tender care, and fit us for heaven to live with thee there." How grateful we are this Christmas to have a beautiful daughter, truly a gift from God, who teaches us so much about the pure love of Christ.




4 comments:
she's so cute in her little crib. I can't wait to see u guys on friday!
She's so adorable. I love when little babies such their thumb.
What a fun time of year it is! I, too, was touched by "Away in a Manger" this week. It is a very humbling song.
Yea for a long nights sleep! I hope it lasts as long as it can. The first time I sang Away in a Manger this year I started crying. I think it was the first hymn I sang to Zach this year and it brings me such joy to share so many things with him.
Post a Comment