Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Match Results

The big reveal was today and we are staying in Savannah for one more year! Charles called me around 10 this morning. He told me he'd call me at noon with the verdict. I rushed to the phone wondering if he knew early. He did. He asked me where I thought we were going. I said, "Just tell me because I have no idea."

When he said Savannah I thought he was joking. We really thought either Albuquerque or Tampa. We've been praying to accept the Lord's will wherever we ended up and going over the pros of each city. We feel okay staying here. Though, it does pose some questions for the future of Charles' career in infectious disease and doing a 2nd year residency.

I hung up our family pictures yesterday. There are 5 frames. I realized you can't see if the frames are straight unless you stand back and get a different perspective. I feel like right now we are standing pretty close to the "frames". In time, when the Lord's plan unveils itself a bit more and we stand back I'm sure this decision will come into focus better. We trust that the Lord wants us here for another year for a reason. I feel like this post is very reminiscent of this post.

So, come and visit! Savannah is a beautiful city, especially in spring. We love visitors. You have one more year :)

4 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

We will definitely take you up on that offer!! =)

Michelle said...

I'm sure there's a good reason why you need to be there a little longer!

Sarah said...

Wow! What a surprise, huh? I hope it all turns out the way you want it. I am sure the Lord has a hand in it. :)

Receli said...

If we get any where near Savannah... we will have to see you! Your kids are so precious!