Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm 30! (woot, woot)

Blogging has not occurred because Charlie has the computer all week in Cherokee, NC at his 2nd to last rotation.  I am behind...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my 30 things for 30 birthday post!

I had a great birthday! We celebrated Saturday and went running in the morning as a family on Isle of Hope. Azaleas were in full bloom and it was gorgeous and absolutely perfect weather.

Charlie bought me orange and pink tulips and some of my favorite food items including salmon and nutella.
Then we dropped off the chillins at Jen's house so Charlie and I could have a dinner date at Bonefish. Bonefish was the first restaurant we ate at when we moved to Savannah in June 2008 and we haven't been back so it was fun to go again. The food was good. But, I unfortunately spilled my water on my salmon and it diluted the flavor a tad. Charlie had ahi tuna and was moaning with delight because it was so good. We also had ceviche. Afterwards, we made a quick trip to Publix which included the purchase of a Passover serving plate. I love Passover!

When we went to pick up the kids from Jen's we found that she had decorated her house with streamers, balloons, a banner, and a handmade "30" sign and had invited some other friends to surprise me! She also made me a cake. She was in cahoots with Charles! We even played pin the tail on the donkey. It was hilarious. Thanks Jen, you made my birthday!

So funny. Charles put his hand underneath his leg and still won pin the tail on the donkey. This man has mad skills. Yep, totally my husband :)


 I have wrinkles and sunspots. Welcome to 30!
And on the actual day of my birthday we had a "snowball fight" during Singing Time in Primary and got to sing the kids' favorite primary songs. It was so fun. Have I mentioned how much I love my calling as Primary Chorister? I do. It is a blast. "Sing. Sing. Sing. I like to sing. I like to sing a song. Sing. Sing. Sing." I hope to have this calling a couple more times in life.

5 comments:

thejencooper said...

I see no wrinkles or sunspots!!! You crazy lady. You make 30 look good! I was talking to a couple of ladies at church and asked them if they knew it was your birthday and they were SHOCKED that you were 30...they didn't believe me and thought you were waaaayyy younger. So there! I wish I could have done more for your birthday! It was so fun! I don't think I will EVER forget Charles landslide victory at "pin the tail on the donkey"...I am still in awe at the whole "under the leg blind folded" thing. Yes, Charles does have some mad skills there.

Line said...

happy 30th birthday! looks like it was a good one. and you can pass for being 20. :)

Travis and Lisa said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! I'm the primary chorister in my ward, too. And it's the BEST calling in the whole world. I love it! We should swap ideas... :)

Cassandra said...

Fun! Happy 3-0! I have exactly 6 months left until mine. You look great and the kids are getting so big!

Michelle said...

Happy 30th!! Wrinkles and sunspots?? PUH-LEASE!