March was a good month for Vince developmentally.
About 2 weeks ago as I was nursing him to sleep on my bed we heard a dog barking outside through the open window. He looked at me wide eyed as to say, "What's that sound?" I said, "Dog. Do you hear the doggie?" Then I barked and lifted his hand to pat his hip to make him do the sign for dog. Then we heard the barking again and he signed it all on his own!
Since then he's done it almost everyday and says "da" as he does it! He's also said "nana" for banana, "da" for duck, "ma" for more (or mas), and "ba" for ball. He is really trying to repeat the words I teach him. He is also really trying hard to say Azure. It is so sweet. Yesterday morning he woke up before her and pointed at her door and said, "Auhr". Then he crawled over there and started pounding on her door to wake up. Usually I would try to stop him from waking her up but, I needed her to entertain him so I could make breakfast. That has been the perk of having 2! He also makes the "ticka ticka" sound. Azure did this same sound at this age and it's fun to relive. So, in essence he now knows 9 words! Including the previous Dada, Mama, and Hi.
Besides verbal development he's also learned to cruise around! He climbs over all obstacles in his way. He can stand on his own but, has yet to take any steps. He likes to pull to a stand on my legs and then bite me. We have no need for a puppy :)
Still only 4 teeth which is weird because he and Azure got teeth at almost the same exact time (7.5 months) but, at this age she had about 6 teeth and I think even molars? Though, I'm having trouble remembering.
*Update* Just a day after I post this of course his 5th tooth has sprouted! It's the top right eye tooth.
This is our dinner celebration of the Feast of St. Joseph which includes Pasta con Sarde. But, since Charlie can't handle eating sardines I used tilapia instead. My great great grandmother Anna (who is mentioned in my episode of The Generations Project) loved celebrating The Feast of St. Joseph. So, we did it in her honor.
An update on nursing- I think he's finally on a good nap schedule of taking 1 nap a day about 3.5 hrs after he first wakes up in the mornings, usually around 11am to noon. And usually for 1.5-2 hrs long. So, I've dropped down to nursing him 3x a day- in the morning, at naptime and at bedtime. He usually wants to nurse later in the afternoon but, I have just been giving him organic whole milk in his sippy and he's usually content with that.
Later this month I may try to go down to just 2x a day, either omitting the morning or naptime feeding. But, I feel pretty good with just 3 times a day now!
Awhile after he turned 13 months we put him in a new carseat (Azure's old one). Though, he's still rear-facing for now. He was sick last week with croup and he still only weighed 19 lbs 14 oz.







1 comment:
What a cutie pie! I think I say that on every post of your kids :).
Post a Comment