April has been good and bad. As most months are right? It was hard having Charles away Sun night-Fri night for his rotation in Cherokee, NC for 4 wks. It was hard not having a car for 2 weeks. One of those weeks Vince had croup and it was raining all week so we couldn't go outside or have anyone over. It was hard trying to find a place to live without him here.
It was good to spend lots of time with friends who stepped in as my family since Charles was gone. It's a good feeling to know that I finally have a good group of friends who I feel comfortable with and can rely on for help. It's been since 2006 that I've had a really good group of friends and the lack of such has made me somewhat subconsciously depressed. I thrive on having good, close (emotionally and proximity) girlfriends. It's not a blessing I take lightly since it's been 5 yrs.
Vince has been in a tough stage. He has major separation anxiety and screams like someone is chopping his legs off when I leave the room. To be honest, it is driving me insane. And he's been doing it for about a month now. Azure has been pretty pleasant. A post to come on just her development but, she has overall been a joy to be around and especially with Charles gone this past month I've realized again what a good friend she is to me. I thoroughly enjoy spending time with her when I'm not stressed about doing something else and we have lots of fun. We just lay on her bed and laugh and laugh. Those are moments I so treasure as a mother.
Spring is already over here. On my birthday there was a huge hailstorm and it killed almost all of the azaleas. And then the heat killed off the rest the following week. We only had them in full bloom in our complex for about 2 wks. Sad.
Azaleas in all their color varieties
We did get a bit of spring planting in ourselves. Though our basil never grew. Our oregano we planted 2 yrs ago is doing fabulous.
These only lasted one week. I have a lot to learn about planting and soil types. One day I will have a beautiful, landscaped flower bed. One day.
I bought Azure this darling Easter dress that I obsessed over getting for weeks. And then I didn't take a single Easter photo! Not really sure why that didn't occur. Really regretting it now. I also didn't take pics of the cute Easter "baskets" (take-out boxes) that I arranged on Easter morning. Lame!
We were in Cherokee for all of Easter/Holy week. In the cabin I arranged all of the pictures of Christ's last week on earth from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday against the wall from the Gospel Art Kit. It looked beautiful. Again, I failed to photograph it.
However I did manage to take pics of the bunny cottage we built and of our Easter eggs we dyed for FHE. Though, we didn't do an egg hunt this year.
Easter itself was wonderful. Jen and I sang "Beautiful Savior" in Sacrament and Lucy Elam accompanied us on the flute for the 3rd verse descant. It sounded lovely.
We had Easter dinner at the Garners with some close friends- the Bryces, the Georges, the Saavedras, the Olsons, and even the Bishop. We read the Easter story in the plastic eggs again.








2 comments:
1. I am so there with ya on the girlfriends thing... it's hard to survive without them!
2. I sympathize with the "mommy's boy" syndrome. Sorry.
3. Glad you had a nice Easter. I kept thinking about you guys since you always do such awesome Easter activities.
4. So glad you are alive! I have been worried with these crazy tornados.
Hang in there! Let's be online buddies - we're home three to four days a week without a car, too :) It totally makes it worse when one of the kids is sick. Hope things get better!
Post a Comment