Oftentimes we need to be bold. Bold but, not overbearing. Showing compassion for the sinner (me & you), but never being apologetic for the doctrine of Christ. I have learned a lot over the last few wks and am grateful for opportunities to grow.
I mentioned Sis. Beck's talk in the previous post. I haven't read it since she gave it back in 2007. It is phenomenal. Go back and read it and rekindle your motivation to be a mother who knows!
When you are bold oftentimes you will offend someone. I am learning how to deal with this.
Mothers who know...
- Mothers Who Know Bear Children
- Mothers Who Know Honor Sacred Ordinances and Covenants
- Mothers Who Know Are Nurturers
- Mothers Who Know Are Leaders
- Mothers Who Know Are Teachers
- Mothers Who Know Do Less
- Mothers Who Know Stand Strong and Immovable
"Who will prepare this righteous generation of sons and daughters? Latter-day Saint women will do this—women who know and love the Lord and bear testimony of Him, women who are strong and immovable and who do not give up during difficult and discouraging times. We are led by an inspired prophet of God who has called upon the women of the Church to "stand strong and immovable for that which is correct and proper under the plan of the Lord."6 He has asked us to "begin in [our] own homes"7 to teach children the ways of truth." Julie B. Beck





4 comments:
I love that it says mothers who know do less... I am trying to wrap my head around how to do that! :)
SO true! Thanks for the link to the talk!
-CK
Yes! So grateful to have been raised by a mother how knows (and still being taught and nurtured by her). And SO awed and grateful to watch my friends grow into amazing mothers who know. It truly gives me all kinds of hope for the future and joy to watch you and others raise a righteous generation.
love that talk!
Post a Comment