We won a free 6 wk soccer session for Azure. She loves it! She talks about playing "soccer ball" and her coach, Coach Matt all the time.
She learned how to play Duck, Duck, Goose and insists on playing it with me. Kind of a hard game to play with 2 people :)

They also play red light, green light and now Azure pushes Vince in his activity center for green light and abruptly stops him for red light. Sometimes he keeps going and she says somewhat annoyed, "Vince I said red light!" Ha!



I really like sports. Charles and I always joke around that I have so much passion and intensity yet, no skill :) Seriously, I was not blessed to be a skilled athlete but, I really enjoy sports so I hope that our children can learn some skills and feel confident and won't be picked last for teams.
Having said that though, we don't want to over schedule our family. It's easy to say that now while our kids are young. Things tend to be so easy in theory, yet quite difficult in practice. But, it remains a goal nonetheless. At this point we're not sure exactly what we'll do or won't do. But, we do know that we want to limit the number of activities that constantly keep us away from home and away from each other as a family.
Sis. Beck, the Relief Society General President said in a talk entitled Mothers Who Know:
"Mothers who know do less...They allow...less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home."I read this post last month and it blew my mind! So inspiring. This is what we envision for our family. Though, I don't think we'll go about it in the exact same way. I just love this philosophy:
"We want to make family life interesting enough that nobody feels compelled to look elsewhere for a good time."Isn't that key to raising the rising generation? As parents it will take all of our efforts. But, the reward is one of joy for eternity.





2 comments:
Great reminder! I remember Sister Beck's talk distinctly because I was in my last yr of grad school at the time. Spencer was a still a pretty young baby and I was feeling mediocre as a student because I did what I needed to for school, but didn't participate in all of the extra stuff so that I could be at home more. Sister Beck's talk was exactly what I needed to hear at the time. :)
And I need to remember not to schedule my kids for extra stuff, because I am so the type of mom that would!
Azure playing "soccer ball" is pretty awesome!
Post a Comment