Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Summer Recap Part 4

Well, it's beginning to be autumn here in Savannah now that it's October. We've been able to open our windows in the mornings and at night to let in the cool (70-75 degree) air, afternoons tend to still be a little too hot to leave open. It's so nice to not have the A/C blasting all day long.

This is the last installment of our summer adventures.

A week or so after arriving home from CA Azure came down with bronchitis, which at first the Doc thought was pneumonia. She was sick for about a week having to use a breathing treatment, her "fishy mask". Vince caught a little of it too, but was only sick for about 3 days.
It's been a new experience having 2 kids and illnesses. Once one catches something, the other isn't too far behind.

Azure also got her first haircut on Sept. 1. The lady who cut her hair said she was the best 3 yr old client she had ever had b/c she sat so still and was so well-behaved. Azure tends to be somewhat timid in new situations (like this one) but, once she feels comfortable and confident she feels free to act herself. She is so like me that way, crazy how genetics work.

A little unsure...
...okay not so bad.


Before/After
When we got home Charles said the classic guy statement, "I can't even tell she got a haircut." True, I only had them cut an inch off b/c I didn't want too many of her ravishing ringlets chopped.

This summer we also frequented Coligny Beach in Hilton Head, SC. I love Hilton Head. No jellyfish stings this year. Our last trip was Labor Day weekend.
At the end of August we finally purchased a double jogging stroller! I had been researching them since January. I had hoped to grab a steal on a used one on Craigslist. I looked and looked and never lucked out. Thanks to all you friends who gave me pointers on the ones you have. We went on a few family runs on Isle of Hope, Forsyth Park, and Lake Mayer. So fun! Especially since Charlie is done with classes.
And, of course we went swimming in our pool here quite a few times. All in all, it was a great summer! Our last here in Savannah. Kinda sad. Next summer we'll be packing up to move who knows where.

2 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

I absolutely LOVE Azure's hair!!! What a doll =)

Papa Lama said...

In the picture where Azure's sitting all serious in the chair waiting, she looks like Drew Barrymore in the movie E.T.