Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

8 months

Today Vince is 8 months and 1 week.


Around 7.5 months he conquered the art of sitting on his own without face planting and/or constantly leaning on his hands.

You talkin' to me?

This is as close as he's getting to crawling. It's just too hard to move when you're carrying this much weight around :)
First bath together

He and Azure entertain each other. It is so nice. And so endearing to watch. They love each other greatly. I hope this stage lasts a long time. Once he can walk and take her toys from her, the amicable relationship may wane a bit.

This is Azure pretending that she's a "tiny baby", laying on her back and kicking her legs. She does an amazing job impersonating Vince!
About a month ago he started eating yogurt and meat. He loves it all! There is no food that he dislikes.

Last Sunday (the exact day he turned 8 months and exactly 1 week after getting his first tooth) his 2nd tooth poked through, the bottom left.

His motor skills have improved over the last month and he's able to feed himself somewhat.
But, here's proof that there is further improvement in the motor skills department :)
2 wks ago we decided to put the swing and playgym away because he was outgrowing them. My eyes filled with tears b/c we won't see them again until baby #3 comes. I am so my mother's daughter and cry at just about anything :)

He loves his jumper, which makes me happy b/c Azure did not.
Look at those chunky legs and his cute tongue sticking out. I am smitten!

I have a deep abiding love for this child. I hope he'll always love his mama and when he's grown up and has a family of his own, I hope he'll call me often and give me hugs. What a journey it will be raising this boy. Lovin' it right now.

7 comments:

Receli said...

Eliza Lane totally eats her feet too. It is fun to see babies that are a month older. :) He is a cutie!

Kassi said...

What a sweet baby! He and Azure are looking more alike to me now. You can tell that they are siblings for sure.

Also, you didn't miss a post on my blog. That was the first we announced. We wanted to make sure this pregnancy was going to stick.

Cassandra said...

How cute. I especially love the pictures where he is eating his feet ;) And don't worry, they still have lots of years of loving each other...Aubrey and Cody are best buddies, they love to play house together (it's mostly Aubrey telling him what to do and say, lol). I will be sad when they grow out of this phase!

Martha said...

Cute pics of little Vince. He's so big! Sorry Azure got sick--it really is a different world having two kids to get sick. And I can't believe how much Azure looks like Charles, more than I've ever thought before.

Aunt Tally said...

He is so absolutely adorable. Just like Azure with the toe sucking! ha ha

Sarah said...

Oh I am glad Vince is doing so well. I love that he is sitting up and playing with Azure. Wonderful! You have beautiful children.

Ruth said...

Oh, he is adorable. Adorable. Can I have pictures to put up on my walls? :)