We're glad we get him for a 3 day weekend, but it has been somewhat of an adjustment not having him here Mon-Wed. I have nothing to complain about compared to military wives. Since there is a base here in Savannah, we have many friends who are in the military and I don't know how they do it when their husbands deploy.
The first week Daddy was gone Azure and I made Halloween sugar cookies. (Thanks Grandma Jo for the cookie cutters.) It was quite the ordeal making these cookies. Even though they were yummy I think we'll only be making sugar cookies 1-2x a year for my own sanity :) I really need to work on having patience in the kitchen with children who want to "help". Hopefully by the time I'm a grandmother I will be more patient and willing to always bake cookies with my grandchildren.
We definitely had fun licking the beaters together though. I can NOT look at these pictures without laughing hysterically. She is so funny!




I love these pics of Azure feeding Vince. She is so pleased with herself :)
Our ward had our Primary Presentation on Sun. Oct. 24. All in all it was a wonderful experience. As soon as the kids got up on the stage, tears filled my eyes. Didn't help that the Primary President who is also a crier started off the program, choking back tears. The children were reverent and sang beautifully. They did sing very quiet, but, the spirit was strong nonetheless.Azure sang in the program even though she is still in the nursery. We planned for all the kids moving up to Primary to sing in it too. Azure and one of her best friends, Bella were the only ones from nursery that sang. Azure knew all the words to almost every song since she had been practicing with me at home and in the car. She even did crescendos! One of our friends said she was the star performer since she was being so dramatic. I love that she is so expressive. I am so proud of her! Here are my 2 cuties after church:

He looks like such a little man in his plaid button up shirt!
Big Sister, Little Brother matching shirtsAs our time is drawing to a close here in Savannah, we've been having dinners with people we've always wanted to but, haven't had a chance to until now. I love having dinner with friends. But, I admit that when I am the hostess I get incredibly stressed out about it. Another thing to work on: savoring the moments of dinner/party prep.






2 comments:
Adorable pictures. I love them both. What are you using to feed Vince mangoes? I've never seen that before.
The photos are great, I love the one with Azure putting the whole beater in her mouth! I hope the time apart goes quickly for you!
Post a Comment