Luckily we had dinner with some friends who happen to own A LOT of costumes and wigs and dress ups. One of their kids pulled out a mullet wig and put it on Charles. With his beard it looked pretty awesome. He said he had a pair of buck teeth and there you have it- with hardly any effort at all he had his costume, a red neck.
Then they said they had a kid's size extra large Power Ranger costume that they thought I would fit into. I haven't really gotten into dressing up for years so the prospect of dressing up in something ridiculous was actually pretty exhilarating. However, when I tried it on, I found it to be skin tight. It wouldn't really be appropriate for me to wear in public and especially NOT at our ward's trunk or treat, which was the only Halloween activity we had planned.
I should mention that I am really proud of the city of Savannah (despite the crime here) for holding a town meeting and deciding that the city would celebrate Halloween on Saturday and not on a Sunday. How awesome is that?! I love living where there are other Christians who value the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy.
So, back to the Power Ranger costume. Maybe inappropriate to wear in public, but, not inappropriate to post pics on the blog right? Heehee :)

At the last minute of desperation I decided to be a pharmacist and wore Charles' coat and stethoscope. Lame, but, better than nothing.
The trunk or treat. Our ward has a very small turnout for these.
Too busy eating her loot to pose for a pic with Tyla.
This is such a classic Vince face. He loves grabbing hair, especially mine or Azure's. This is his excited "Oh my gosh, hair!" face.
Afterwards we headed to a pumpkin patch to take pictures. I think the guy was somewhat annoyed that we only came to take pics without buying a pumpkin. Oh well.

We are mean parents and ate some of Azure's candy while she was in bed. We also have only let her eat a little at a time. Because we have always been sticklers with sweets she knows the drill. When she has just a little candy, she is extremely grateful. I like that. It has also been good to use her candy as bribery :) Works like a charm.
And with the cooler temps we have busted out the feetie pajamas again. This blue one used to be Azure's. As I nursed Vince in the glider that night I put him in it, I had fond memories of sweet little Azure in Provo. They grow so fast!
Keep in mind it's bedtime here. Vince thinks this photo op is funny.
Okay, is it over? I'm hungry and tired.
Alright! I've had enough. It's time for bed!






7 comments:
I don't know which is funnier--you in that ridiculous Power Ranger costume, or Charles as a red-neck. I love it! And I didn't know about Charles doing rotations in Baxley. You are tough Deanna!
I am laughing at the pulling hair face.... that is totally Abby. And I love your costumes. Esp the power ranger. The redneck is pretty good too, though.
I totally think you should have gone with the Power Ranger to the trunk or treat:) Cute pictures!
Hahaha! Can I be next on the list for the power ranger costume rotation?!
Oh my gosh, your husband dressed up as redneck was AWESOME. I totally laughed out loud at that one.
Cute Halloween pictures!!! I can't believe how big Vince is. What a cutie. And...you look hot in that Power Ranger costume! hahahah....
Oh my gosh! Those power ranger photos are awesome!!! Charles' redneck was pretty awesome too! And you kids are just so dang cute whether they are in costumer or not. :)
Post a Comment