Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Orlando

We made an impromptu trip down to Orlando on Fri. July 16th b/c a "young man" (not sure what else to call him) in our ward was going to receive his endowment in the Orlando temple before leaving on his mission AND Charles found out that one of his high school buddies was there for a conference. So, we booked a hotel on Hotwire for $19 and drove the 5 hrs down.

Keep in mind we had just gotten back from VA the week before so this was somewhat tiring. And the kids didn't do well in the car. And there was a TON of traffic in Orlando. Everyone and their dog was there for summer vacation to Disney World.

But, we had some amazing Cuban food! We walked around Celebration again and I found out the name of the beads I've wanted since first visiting there in March 2009. Can't put up a pic, but check out how delicious these beads are!

So, turns out that the temple session started at 2pm, we thought it was at 2:30. Whoops! But, I made the best of the situation, did initiatories and met him and his family in the Celestial room. They were surprised to see me there. It was wonderful! The Orlando temple is beautiful. The only way it could of been better was having Charles there. He was driving around Orlando trying to lull the children to sleep. I felt bad that we both couldn't go inside since that is what made the whole trip worth it to me.

Being the great husband that he is, he checked out a top rated salad and sandwich shop beforehand on Trip Advisor for me and we had dinner there before heading back up to Savannah. I ordered a salmon salad but, they ran out so gave us a $10 gift card. That's some sweet customer service if you ask me. So, we bought key lime jam and habanero jam from their store.

As we were coming to St. Augustine I begged Charles to let us drive on the scenic highway along the coast and not the boring tree laden interstate. He hesitated because our lovely children were crying in the back seat and Azure had about 4 accidents in less than 48 hrs, so naturally we both wanted to get home- the sooner the better. But, we weren't sure we'd ever have the opportunity to do it again. So, just as we were about to pass the exit, he obliged me and made the turn off and we got to drive through St. Augustine again :)

We stopped on the beach at sunset. Here's the proof:We are SO happy to be out of the car, on a beautiful empty beach and NOT listening to the screaming cries of children :)






But, they are sure cute, aren't they?!

Because we like FL so much we are tentatively planning on applying for a residency in Tampa. By we, I mean Charles :) It'll be exciting to see where we end up next June!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Cute, cute photos!!!!

CK said...

These pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!! Wow, you look so good with those kids! And the beach is pretty too ;)
PS I wanna go to that sandwich place!!! Sounds sooooo good.

Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

I love the beads! I also love reading your blogs, they are always so interesting.

Erin said...

You'll miss those days of crying babies in the backseat! Oh, maybe not. I don't. Although that's partly because Mira still does it. Not crying, but whining about when we're getting there, and she'd rather go back home, and stuff like that. And she's almost 5. Maybe it will never stop.

Cassandra said...

Looks like fun! I love Florida beaches!

adriandgreg said...

Wow! I can't believe how big Vince is already! What a cutie Pie! Love your sweet little family!