Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 8, 2010

6 months

I missed blogging about the 5 month mark. Here's a pic a week before he turned 5 months. You can tell how chunkier his face is only a month later in subsequent pics.
Here's what "Baby Vince" has been up to lately.

I gave him his first solids 3 days after he turned 5 months. He was able to lap up water from a cup around 3.5 months so I knew he'd be ready before 6 months. I made him oatmeal from steel cut oats. I wanted to start w/ oats instead of rice b/c I didn't want to constipate him. Well, we had the opposite effect and Daddy's clothes got the brunt of it, twice :)
In the last month he's eaten oats, bananas, applesauce, avocados, blueberries, watermelon, a cheerio, and sweet potatoes. He's pretty much liked it all. I am making my own baby food again. I love knowing exactly what is in the food I give my babies. Here's my fave website on the how tos.
No, food allergies as of yet which I'm grateful for since he's had eczema I thought he'd be a little more prone to them. Which I'll report his eczema has gone down so much in the last month. I used to have to put hydrocortisone creme on him every other night. Now, I'm only doing it once a week. Yay! I did figure out that he breaks out with a rash on his body every time we've gone to the pool. It must be chlorine. He sure is a hottie though in his board shorts :)
He stopped sleeping 11 hrs straight about 3-4 wks ago. Sometime after we got back from our VA trip for the 4th. A week after that trip we took another road trip (we are hardcore) down to Orlando, FL (perhaps a post to come on that trip). A week after that we flew to CA for a wk. So, I blame it on all the traveling and disruptions to the blessed sleep schedule. Sleep is very important to me and I've noticed it's very important to my children. They do not have happy dispositions when they don't get enough sleep.

He's been rolling from back to tummy and tummy to back since a little before turning 5 months. He can lift his entire chest off the ground. Still haven't seen him get on his knees though. He can't really support himself for very long with his arms when sitting up. He usually just folds in half and tries to eat the carpet.

I stopped double swaddling him only 2 wks ago. He seemed like he still needed it until then. Now, I'm swaddling him with one arm out. On the morning he turned 6 months I found him on his tummy and laying diagonal. He hadn't done this before since he'd been double swaddled for so long. I'm *hoping* that with no overnight travel plans for the next month or so and with one arm free now, he'll start sleeping 11 hrs straight again!

He nursed like crazy the week we were in CA. Pretty much every 2 hrs. I think it was a combination of teething, stranger anxiety in a new place, and not having any of his familiar contraptions to occupy him (swing, playgym, jumper, etc). And then today he only nursed 4 times all day and even fell asleep in his swing which he never does.

He grunts when I'm talking to someone while he's nursing. It's so funny. I think it's his way of letting me know he wants me to focus on only him while he's eating :)

He says "ba ba" quite often. Which is funny since we tried giving him a bottle today and he wouldn't take it. He didn't scream and push it out of his mouth though like Azure would do but, he didn't really suck on it. Oh well, I guess none of my children will take bottles.

He just recently stopped taking what I called "couch naps" in the arm of the couch b/c he's now leaning forward too much and I'm afraid he's going to roll off. Here's some of his last "couch nap" pics.
And a "couch nap" with Daddy:
One of his favorite things to do is grab both of his feet when he's on his back. He's not as flexible as Azure was in getting his toes in his mouth. His legs are just so chunky! I love it!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! He sure seems grown up. I can't believe all he can do. He sure sounds fun. Oh, and he is So adorable too.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness Deanna, he is so stinkin cute!!!!

Wendy said...

I haven't checked your blog for a while since this summer has been so crazy. Vince has changed so much!! His little cheeks have gotten chubby and it looks like his personality is coming out! What a cutie!