Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chubba is (almost) 7 months

Vince is finally sleeping through the night again as of last week. Praise the Lord! You know, it's amazing how much nicer of a person I am when I don't get woken up in the middle of the night. It changes my attitude drastically! I don't know how people go months and even years without getting a good nights sleep. I would die. Seriously. Gratefully the Lord has blessed me w/ 2 children who are good sleepers and who only vary in that every once in awhile. Because of this I know we'll have at least one more :)
So, what was the trick? Giving him his own room! We only have 2 bedrooms so we had to get creative. After lots of prayers and racking my brain the thought: Put him in the laundry room came to my mind. Brilliant! His pack and play fits perfectly in there. Now his little squeaks and squeals don't wake us up, as cute as they are. I think one of the reasons he was waking up was b/c he sensed me near and could actually see me 5 ft away, so naturally he just wanted to nurse. We're back to 11 hrs straight again. Hallelujah!

Last Friday, a week from 7 months, he weighed 18 lbs and was 27 inches. Azure weighed 14 lbs at her 6 month visit! I love having a chunky baby. I think the extra 4 lbs are in his thighs :) He still has yet to get up on his knees but, I think it's b/c of the extra weight he's carrying around.

Some random things he does:
  • Stretches out his hand, looks at it intensely and opens and closes his fist like Spiderman. Cracks me up!
  • Sweats profusely. This one is definitely a boy. Every time I nurse him, his head just beads w/ sweat, even when the air is on and he only wears onesies pretty much everyday. Azure never sweated (<- is that a word?) like this.
  • Babbling mostly "Dada" and "Baba". I've heard "Mama" once or twice but, not consistently.
  • His nick name of Chubbalub Bear and Chubbs has morphed into just Chubba.
Our schedule as of late has been bath around 7:30pm, asleep between 8 or 9pm and waking up at 7 or 8am. Two hours after waking up for the day he gets tired again so I usually try to put him down for a morning nap. However, he usually wakes up when I'm transferring him into the pack and play and then won't go back to sleep. Most of the time he won't nap at all during the day. But, I won't complain since he sleeps so well at night again!

He's also been eating solids twice a day now for the past few weeks. Him and Azure have been playing together and keeping each other entertained and it's so nice. I thought it would take longer for them to play together but, they already have for the past little while.

My heart turns to mush when I see these two like this!

First time eating sweet potatoes. He loves to watch the ceiling fan go around!
Being as cute as possible!

My heart strings get pulled in a million different directions when he flashes me this flirtatious smile. Look out girls :0 He and his Daddy sure have me hooked!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Chubby babies are the best!!! You are lucky he is already sleeping so well for you. Our 3rd didn't sleep through the night until she was 15 months...one reason why we're not having anymore! :)

Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

Your boy is so cute! Thank you for all of your comments on my blog, but especially thanks for this last one, we need all the help we can get.

I really do like staying in touch with you through blog and reading about your life, you have a very interesting life.

Love,

Sarah

Aunt Tally said...

I have the cutest niece and nephew. Love them!

Sarah said...

My goodness... 7 months already? They are growing so quickly. I am so glad you are sleeping through the night. Jealous. I am not. And my laundry room isn't big enough for a pack and play. Sounds like he is soooo much fun and that you are enjoying him.

Line said...

He is a cutie! I love chubby babies! :) Your kids have such pretty blue eyes!