Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 8, 2010

4th of July Catch Up

I considered not even backtracking at all but, I will just a tad.

We headed up to Danville, VA for the 4th to visit Ev and Mike, the newlyweds. How did I manage to not get any pics of Mike?
Besides catching up, the highlight of the trip (and one of my favorite 4th of July traditions) was the flag cake- making it, which everyone helped with, and of course eating it.

Traditionally I've made it using a pound cake or angel food cake. Thanks Stefani for this new recipe. We will be using it again!

Azure was scared of the fireworks for about the first half of the show. It was too loud for her. She kept her eyes closed and covered her ears. After exaggerated oohs and ahhs from us she finally opened her eyes and enjoyed the end of the show.

1 comment:

Stefani M. said...

Fun, fun!

And you're welcome.