Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Hair

Azure has recently decided she doesn't like to take naps anymore. She will pull off her bed sheet, pull her pants and diaper off, and scream till we come get her out. One day after pulling off her crib bed sheet, she decided to actually sleep. Note that her crib mattress, like most crib mattresses are plastic. This is what happens when you sleep on a plastic mattress in the hot, humid south:

The sweat was dripping down her neck. This is why we don't pull our sheets off Azure!

This is after a bath, sweat free. Her hair is getting long :)
Thanks for all the suggestions for cute shirts. I'm putting my wardrobe together for my week of filming, in just 2 weeks! For those of you who don't know what the Generations Project is, here's the post about it. Charles and Azure leave next week for the cross country trek from GA to ID. Let's hope all of Azure's "fujis" (movies) and "DDDs" (DVDs) will entertain her enough.

5 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

I love her hair. She looks like Einstien!!! (how do u spell that? lol)

Maren B said...

Hahaha, that's exactly what Eva's hair looks like after most naps, even with a bedsheet on. Sweaty baby curls are the cutest.

Stefani M. said...

Poor sweaty Azure. My kids almost ALWAYS wake up from naps sweaty... it doesn't matter that they are dressed for the weather AND have a fan going in their room. They don't wake up in the morning sweaty, so I don't get it.

I don't know if Azure is into coloring (or understands anything about anticipation) but one thing that helped when we went from TX to NC last year was that I went to Crayola.com and printed coloring sheets for every state that we were going through. So, when we crossed a state line, I'd give her a new sheet. (Kept her excited about driving, so she could get more pages!) Maybe Azure's too young for this, but any little bit to keep kids entertained in the care is worth a shot because it's easy to get BORED!

Sarah said...

Awh- her hair is getting long! That is great. Sorry about lack of naps... I am so not ready for that step yet.

Michelle said...

That's pretty funny! I've heard of babies undressing themselves, but I've never heard of a baby taking the sheets off the bed!! haha