Winter Vacay #2 and Charlie's Bday
We decided to make another mini vacation out of meeting half way with our dear friend Catherine (my roommate from BYU) over the holiday break. We were happy to learn that Evelyn would also be joining us! We met up in Florence, SC which is the halfway point from here to Durham, NC.

We had lunch and then went to what we thought was a Pecan factory. It ended up just being a store but, once we saw that they had a gazillon free samples of all sorts of goodies (the chocolate covered blueberries being my fave) who really cared?
So fun to be with these girls again!
How I love them! Shan we missed you. The four of us lived together my last year at BYU. We were all Spanish speaking returned missionaries and had a blast! Those were some of the happiest times of my life. Since our departure from one another I daydream constantly of how we can all someday live in the same neighborhood and babysit one another's kids, have food co-ops, and weekly dinner parties. Maybe in the millenium...
After our visit we drove to Myrtle Beach, SC. It was kind of a dead town since it's the off season. Getting Azure to sleep in hotel rooms is always a task. Next time we might get a 2 room suite (if there's no extra charge :)


The hotels keep going and going and going down the coast. It must be completely insane here in the summer.
Azure experienced her first ever Happy Meal from McDonalds.

Looks like it was a sucess. Charles was thrilled that the toy was a chattering skull from Pirates of the Carribean.

Charles showcasing his new favorite Tshirt. This was one of his Christmas presents from me. Here's a closeup so you can see just how awesome this shirt is:
Next stop: Charleston, SC. This was a cute town. It was really foggy though so we didn't get good pics. Charles felt good that he could reclaim the city.

The day after we arrived home, we celebrated Charles' 27th Bday. Attractively showing off his new "real tree" (not camo) U of GA hat.

I also made him a Boston Creme Pie. It was by far the best cake I have ever made! I will definitely be making this again.

Displaying his real age:
8 comments:
Goodness! You sure keep busy with your mini-vacations. I suggested we take Haley to a beach in Houston this summer, and Quentin totally poo-pooed the idea. I try to have us break out of our hermit shells for the sake of our children, but sometimes Quentin cannot be prevailed upon... but then I keep pushing and we do it anyway sometimes. :)
u fed her mcdonals? so not like u
She had chicken nuggets and apple slices, it wasn't that bad.
ha ha. alright....
That cake does look delicious. Would you be willing to share the recipe?
Here's the recipe. http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/boston-cream-pie-92009.aspx
I used 2 round cake layers instead of one though.
That looks like a fun mini-vacay;) It is nice to get away for little spurts, especially with little ones who sleep so well in hotels! Happy Birthday Charles--52--you look great for your age:)
Hooray the festival of lanterns has begun!!! I look forward to this time each year. It's such a wonderful time of year! I'm glad Azure is experiencing a real American childhood of delicious chicken McNuggets. I'm also glad you are enjoying all that the south has to offer and seeing as many places as you have! That must be a lot of fun!
Post a Comment