Welcome to our blog! Here we'll share all our fun stories and adventures with our crazy children.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Introducing "Bobby"
On Friday Azure test ran her new potty. She insists on calling it "Bobby" which is pretty hilarious. She sits on it multiple times a day with all her clothes on, for only about 3 seconds then says, "All duh" (done) and slams the lid. Five minutes later she repeats this process. She has yet to eliminate any waste in it though. We're still working on that. For now she's just fascinated with Bobby.
She had her 18 month check up (2 wks late) on Friday too and she finally weighs 20 lbs. That means she's now officially ready for a forward facing car seat. Too bad we've already been using one for the past 6 months. I could not imagine using a rear facing up until now. And she's 33 inches long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
It is so fun having kids the same age! We are just starting introducing the potty chair, too. Lily basically does the same thing. We have had success one time!
I am glad that we are not the only ones with a skinny mini who is also tall! It took Lily forever to get past 20 lbs, too. And, don't worry, Lily's been in the forward facing for awhile, too :).
I just noticed that you know the Wheelers! I worked on the student newspaper with Melissa at BYU-Idaho. Small world!
Way to start early with the potty! I am sure it will help get her used to the idea and that is good. Wow! 18 months! Time flies. I also put my kids in earlier than the 20 pound limit. They hate facing backward.
Haley never minded being rear-facing, and we had her rear-facing until she was 15 months (when she was finally 20 pounds), but at that point she was in a Graco Convertible carseat. Julian's in a SafeSeat Step1, which accommodates rear-facing up to 32 inches and 30 pounds. We plan on switching him on his birthday since he's 20 pounds already. What I don't like about rear-facing is putting them in... I always worry about slamming their head into the door frame (which I've done before).
Oh and excellent work with the potty!
man, that is so funny. I could imagine her doing all of that. She sounds like she is growing up so fast. I cant wait to see her
All I have to say is good luck and I always hear that girls are easier than boys. I do not look forward to round 2 of that one! But relax and don't stress and good luck again!
She's a skinny little thing too, eh? Looks like your vacay was a blast. How fun to explore new places.
You make me realize we probably should get a "bobby" (too cute, BTW) soon for Claire. Nice work!
The Bobby...sounds so English, or British, or whatever. What a funny little kid! :) OOOOOH boy could you imagine having her in a rear-facing for all those extra months? I would have done the same thing you did, too, putting her in a front-facing when she turned a year.
Good luck!! And happy front facing!
Post a Comment