She absolutely loves it. So much in fact that she can't stop talking about it. I'm pretty sure she dreams of it every night because when I get her in the mornings she does the sign for swimming and says, "Snimming". Then she blows bubbles with her lips, and says, "wawa", while pretending to pour water over her head (something else she learned). Often times she repeats this over and over again. It is SO cute. If she happens to see her bathing suit in her drawer or hanging up in the laundry room she will also start telling me this "story" again. I am loving this stage she's in. She repeats almost all of the words I tell her. One of my favorites is "wabie" which is butterfly, and flower. She has a hard time distinguishing between the two. How she came up with wabie for these words is beyond me, but I think it's darling. Maybe she'll be a swimmer.
No pics of swimming, but chasing of birds.
Wednesday night she went #1 in the potty! She's making some progress. She loves to be chased around the house naked after her bath hiding in various spots answering, "Azure" to our calls.




6 comments:
She went potty? How cool. congrats. I had a dream of you guys. You came to visit me and angel but azure had a twin brother. kinda weird. anyway, she said "hi Tally" and my heart melted =)
I think that this is my absolute favorite age too. I can't wait til Brandon is walking and talking. But if I could pause him at 18 months or so that would just be fantastic. Zach is great, but has lots of attitude that a toddler does not have! Enjoy this precious age.
That's awesome that she's so excited about swimming! What a cutie! Congrats on the potty training success too! YAY!
What cute stories! Absolutely adorable!
Swimming is so fun for toddlers! Ezra was signed up for swimming lessons last year and he loved it, too. He wouldn't put his head underwater, but he did almost everything else. to this day, Ezra still asks if he can wear a "swim diaper" and go to the "smimming pool".
We're starting the whole potty thing with Makayla. We've been putting it off since she never wants to sit still but she has become interested in the toilet. We got her a little seat to put over the regular toilet. She loves to just sit there and read books. She's gone #1 twice. She gets so excited.
I love how she says wabie for butterfly. Makayla calls them "bys" I guess she just takes the first and last parts.
I love the stories...keep them coming.
Post a Comment