So it finally happened today...we knew this day would come...if you have a weak stomach please skip this post.

After a busy morning of touring the city with friends from our ward (our church) both Azure and I were exhausted. Equally exhausted. I had to carry her around from site to site since we didn't have the stroller. She wiggled out of my arms during the entire trolley ride. When I put her down to walk, she ran and I had to chase her around. All this she did because she was fighting sleep, it was past her nap time. And in the process she wore me out and made me want a nap of my own.

About 2 minutes after getting into the car to drive home, she was out like a light. I regretted having to wake her up to get her out of the carseat. I hoped she would go right back down. I put her in her crib and took a much needed nap myself. In the meantime Charles got home from school and he woke me up to go to an appointment. Hearing Azure's babbling from her room, we figured she was awake. Charles went in to get her and found her
completely NAKED holding her diaper in her hand and pointing to a pile of poop on the floor exclaiming, "Boop!"
Little Miss Azure for some reason took off her shirt, her pants, and her diaper. We have never witnessed her taking off her shirt before and are surprised that she figured it out on her own. There was also a wet spot of urine on her sheets so we're guessing that she had been naked for quite some time. She had been in her crib for about an hour and a half and we suspect that she didn't sleep a wink. Fortunately for us, the consistency of the "boop" was such that it maintained its integrity and was self-contained in a single sphere. (I apologize for the vulgar language of this description).
She was bathed and redressed and the proper disinfecting supplies were used. Suffice it to say, today was truly an Adventure with Azure!
10 comments:
OMG!
We were exhausted after our morning out on the town. Anthony slept for about 3 hours, and I slept for about 1 hour. Having fun is way too tiring!!
I know you probably don't feel this way yet, but I laughed so hard my eyes started to water! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Thank you, thank you, and thank you for posting that story!
I actually did the same type thing when I was a baby! Sorry about the clean up...it just gets better when the potty training starts too! She is definitely smart figuring out how to get out of all of her clothes! Totally off the subject, my parents ate at that same place (a few entries down the blog) and loved it. Have a good day!
yay for readiness signs! Well, Ez has been showing readiness signs for potty training for over a year now, and he is not yet trained. Oh well. Definitely sounds like an adventure for you, though. Hopefully it was turds so you could clean it up easier! (gross I know!)
When I was a nursery leader many moons ago in CA, we had a little girl that (apparently) was a little strip artist, too... every week, she came to nursery with her diaper pinned on (meaning the tabs on the disposable diaper were safety pinned shut). Good luck! We actually never had that problem with Haley... she only recently learned how to take her own shirt off (that was the last in the dressing process for her, everything else has been learned for a while: on shirt, on/off pants/tights/shoes/dresses, up/down zipper, etc.) Now we're onto learning buttons! Boy, I'm rambling now. I think I'll stop now. Have a good day.
LOL, that is hilarious! Spencer is like Azure in that he refuses to stay on my lap/in my arms for extended periods. He'd much rather be running around independently.
That's rough and yes, we have gone through that too! Connie Heiner told me the trick of cutting the feet off "feetie pajamas" and putting them on backwards so they can't unzip them. I haven't had to do it but just in case this becomes a pattern...
Ha! Ha! Yuck!!! I'm impressed she got her shirt off. Clara still can't get her shirt off and she's 3 years old!
Haha! I love your description of the self-contained sphere. :)
Post a Comment