Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 4, 2008

New developments

Azure likes to tickle her own feet while saying ticka, ticka, ticka.

Say bye in a southern accent, copying a southern toddler who said it repeatedly as she was leaving our house.

Has started to tell us when she poops by saying boop and grabbing at her diaper. Hopefully this means she'll be potty training soon :)

She's learning body parts. So far she knows eyes, nose, and mouth. Today as we watched General Conference via the internet, she pointed to her eye as Elder Bednar said, "I..." We're so glad she was being attentive during Conference :)

Other great news: Azure still fits into her Halloween costume from last year! This year it fits perfect and she looks ridiculously cute in it. That alone makes me super excited for Halloween this year!

10 comments:

Stefani M. said...

Too cute that "eye" thing. And kudos on having a cute costume for Azure--that you can use twice! Love saving money! Haley ALMOST fits in her costume from last year AND the year before (hello spandex!), but not quite.

Oh, and I know she's not much over year, but if you want, you can start introducing Azure to the potty (I actually just started with Julian and he's only 8 months). Just as soon as she wakes up from a nap, take her and plop her on the potty. She'll have to go since she just woke up and she'll get used to the idea of the potty and it will never be scary for her. (I actually started putting Haley on at 3 months, and did Elimination Communication off-and-on until she was fully trained at just over two years--could have been sooner, but we moved (twice!), and it fell by the wayside until we were settled in Texas. Good luck!

Aunt Tally said...

oh my goodness. I can't believe I'm missing all that. She is getting so smart

Catherine said...

Yay! Go Azure! Sounds like she's definitely making progress. I'm glad she was paying attention during conference, too. :) What is her halloween costume of?? You got me all excited now.

. said...

Yay for southern drawls! and double yay for the costume fitting again this year. We'll re-use Ezra's dinosaur costume from last year. WAHOO!! It was 30 bucks, so technically, it is now only 15 bucks (a wear!)

Just Me said...

so much fun!! I had fun talking to you today. Sorry I kinda cut you off, I'll try you again soon so you can finish about what we were talking about. Azure is such a cutie!

sandra said...

I'm so glad she'll be a southern girl! How fun is that?!! Make sure you post costume pics! Love you guys!

kyle and ila johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kyle and ila johnson said...

It is good to hear that you are doing better we had been praying for your family. I accidentally messed up your blog address and couldn't figure out why I couldn't see your families blog. But it is fixed and it is good to see so many updates. Spoke to Evelyn a few weeks ago. do you see her much? Thanks for the card too it was great to hear from you.

Wendy said...

It's so funny the things kids pick up from other kids. Clara says a lot of things with an Iowan accent and I have no clue who or where she got it from. It's almost like having a 3-year-old Anne at my house :)

Mamie said...

I used to think that Lucy informing me on her "business" meant that we were a step away from potty training, but now I think it's just her little joke.