Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 1, 2013

1 month

Things I love about Zekiel:

His swirly cowlick at the very front of his hairline
The sweet squeaks he makes when he breathes (just like the other 2)
His heavenly scent
The way he nuzzles under my neck
His clear blue eyes that tells me he is kind and loyal
He's a good sleeper! (just like the other 2)


Somewhat of a smile

Nicknames:
Zekiel
Zekey
Little one
Snuggle bug
Snappy Crab (given by Vince)

Inspired by Pinterest, I shot these photos and am pretty proud of some of them. Especially this one:





I got a new wrap- a sleepy wrap. Thanks Kassi for the recommendation! I have mixed feelings toward babywearing. I think it's easier than lugging around a baby in a carseat for sure. Sometimes it's nice to keep them close to you when they want to be held but, you need your hands for other things. However, even though generally I am a very affectionate person and enjoy physical touch, I tend to get "touched out" esp with 3 kids always on me. Sometimes I don't want to be touched. Most often I would prefer to do household chores without a baby on me. (Though, it would be convenient if you had a wrap like this when your baby was inconsolable and you really needed to get something done.) I kinda get sick of reading parenting books or articles that imply you're not a good parent if you don't garden or grocery shop with your baby attached to you. They can be plenty stimulated by squatting down next to me or in the shopping cart (when they're old enough to sit.) End rant.



We got some newborn pics of Zeke taken right before he turned 3 wks old along with some family pics. Even though we prefer outside family pics over studio ones, these turned out pretty good. One advantage of the studio was the employees made the kids smile and laugh which we haven't really been able to capture as well in outside shoots.





I can't get over how adorable my Zekiel is! A couple weeks ago I wrote this in his journal: "I feel so content in who I am and know that I have a divine nature to nurture you as I nurse and rock you to sleep. You squeak and nuzzle under my neck and smile as you drift off. Oh, my heart! This is what I was made for. I love feeling that I'm giving you all you need. That you are secure and content and happy. Warm and snuggled with a tummy full of my warm, delicious milk. What a feeling of peace, contentment, and joy for me."

Then later that same day I came across this passage of scripture quoted in The Gift of Giving Life book from Isaiah.
"That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory for thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and...ye shall be born upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees" (Isaiah 66:11-12)

Not only do we have a Heavenly Father, but also a Heavenly Mother. That we can be with Them again one day and also with our earthly family forever, makes trials and disappointments worth it.

No comments: