3 years ago I gave birth vaginally to our first born son. That was such a miracle for us. I felt so empowered by his birth. It boosted my confidence. I fell in love instantly with Vince. He was such an easy baby. Then he turned 1 and became much more difficult. It was like a switch had been flipped. 2 has also been a hard age. It's hard not to compare him to Azure. Azure at this age was so independent. Vince is not. We all have baby-ed him because he acted so much like a baby. Now, we are trying harder to help him learn how to do things on his own. I lose my patience with him often b/c I expect too much of him, esp now having a "real" baby, I want him to grow up and be independent. I don't want to take care of 2 babies, just 1. (Twins would kill me! Bless those of you with twins!)
But, he is the sweetest boy. He has a heart of gold and he is very forgiving. He likes to make us laugh. He tells all of us (including Zeke) that he loves us sooo much. For the whole month of December he would respond to everything I said with, "Okay, snappy crab Mommy!" And then laugh and growl which turned into a somewhat sinister laugh reminiscent of some cartoon.
When my mom was here she called Azure, Azure Marie quite a few times and Vince caught on to this but, added an extra "a". Now, he responds with, "Okay, Mommy Maria," to almost everything I say. When looking for Azure he says, "Where are you Azure Maria?" And even Charlie is "Daddy Maria." I wonder what catchphrase he'll use this month.
He still needs to nap about every other day just an hour to an hour and a half. He knows all his letters and colors and I'm not sure about numbers :) I don't think I've heard him count past 15. We'll be working on that and see how he feels about writing his name soon.










1 comment:
As I've told all my friends here: I am completely smitten with a 2-(now 3)year old in Georgia. He's so cute! So much about him. I was with some friends the other day, who have children, and was thinking about the fact that I LOVE that even at his age he loves to cuddle. While I can see how that might not be endearing when you're trying to get things done, I just loved it. Why don't I live closer...???
Post a Comment