Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Other life updates

We decided not to buy a house after all. We had 2 different realtors and looked for about 2 months with no success. We weren't excited about any of the houses we saw (in our price range). Of course, we saw some outside of our price range we were excited about. Those dang Pharmacy school loans!

We both feel good about renting and staying here in our current house. We do like it here. Our house is only about 4 yrs old and it is nice and new (except the carpet.) We plan on having Azure and Vince share a room with bunk beds once this little one gets out of our room (probably around April or May). Hopefully that works out well. And hopefully, we will move by the time we have baby #4 because 4 kids in this house will be too tight of a fit.

On July 31st, we bought a new vehicle! A family sized vehicle! A 2013 Kia Sorento. We've never bought a new car before- only used. It's kinda fun to have a car from the future :) The first couple of days that I drove it around with the kids I felt that I had arrived in a new stage of life driving around in a family sized vehicle with my kids in the back. Kinda fun.

It is so nice not having to drop Charles off at work if we want the car for the day. It has been such a blessing. And, we can give people rides now since it fits 7. Azure now says that we need to have 5 babies to fill up our car! I'm only hoping for 4 ;)

Oh, and we bought a bread maker! We've been wanting one for awhile now. It's nice to have homemade bread made by a machine and not me since I can't bake anything that calls for yeast.

Vince said the other day that his tummy hurt. "Do you have a baby in your tummy?" I asked jokingly.

"No."

"Boys don't have babies in their tummies. But, your wife will when you get married."

"No, I go temple."

I was so impressed he recognized the word "married" and knew that "temple" went with it! What a lucky girl his wife will be!

His mind is really going through a growth spurt right now even in the last week.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

How fun to have a family car. I bet it does feel like a whole new world. :)

*Meg Larsen* said...

it's so freeing to have two cars! Love it.

My 2 "big" kids have bunk beds and they are loving it. If they get too silly to fall asleep we threaten to move one out and they are CRUSHED at the idea of not sharing a room. Makes for a nice quiet space when we're ready to move the baby into her own room.