Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Vincey at almost 2 yrs 7 months

So many posts to post...

Vince needs some time in the lime-light. Classic 2nd child syndrome.

He is one handsome little dude with his beach blonde curls and bright blue eyes! I confess that at times it is hard for me to discipline him because he gives me this flirtatious smile that melts my heart and almost makes me forget what wrong he had just done. I've gotta find a way to remedy this or he's gonna get away with murder. I don't want to be one of those naive moms who thinks that their "momma's boy" can do no wrong. And he most definitely is a momma's boy.
can't help but post this pic again

He is talking like crazy these days! His sentence structure is fantastic. Though, he is mostly reserved around others so when he starts talking so well most people are surprised b/c he is usually a quiet observer- like his Daddy. Though the both of them are rarely quiet around us :)

A couple weeks ago as I was getting him dressed on the changing table so that he was a little taller than me (he was standing) he stroked my hair and said, "Mommy?" I, anticipating a tender moment, looked into his eyes and answered, "Yes?" "I love yours hair." Then he stroked his hair and said, "I love my hair." What a silly boy!

He can't say words that end with a K. He says "duht" for "duck" and "dootee" for "cookie."

My favorite things he says right now:

"Mommy, where's Azure? (I don't know) Uh, mayme she's gone forever."

"Wow, Mommy. That's amazing!"

"No wanna go sleepy. Never!"

"So...Mommy...." (when he's bored and doesn't know what he wants or even what to say) 

Unfavorites:

"I can't!" (learned from Azure)

"Oh, crap." (I have no idea where he learned this one ;)

"I hate that song." (or anything we're doing or saying that he doesn't like)

He only naps now about once or twice a week for about 2 hrs. I am surprised that it's lasted this long. Azure stopped right after turning 2. I'm grateful to have had these last 6 months of continued napping. He still sleeps about 12 hrs every night. 13 if he didn't nap the day before.
running around in the Washington DC temple visitor's center

Still kind of a picky eater. Won't eat the crust. I have to cut it off of sandwiches. He recently started throwing up randomly without having a fever so I don't know if it's a food allergy or a sudden weak stomach or he is just eating something bad every once in awhile.

He finally went pee in the potty last Saturday! I bought him underwear last month but, haven't put them on him because he had yet to go. It was Charles that prompted him to do it, so he is now in charge of potty training :) I'll do the girls, he'll do the boys. After the victory pee, we busted out the undies. But, he hasn't worn them since. I still don't feel he's quite ready to hit it hard.

We unplugged and hid our TV last week due to an outburst from Azure and since then Vince has learned how to play much more independently. While Azure and I have been working on school stuff downstairs, Vince has been upstairs alone playing with his cars or balls. That is a big deal for him as he usually follows Azure around and lets her direct their play. 

He really isn't a baby anymore and that will be even more apparent once Zeke is born (that's the name we're considering so I use it to get used to it :) and takes his place as "the baby". I imagine it's going to be hard for him to see me carrying around someone else all the time. I guess in some ways he'll always be my baby.
Wilmington River- 1 mile from our house. We can hear the ship's horns :)

2 comments:

Stefani M. said...

Julian used to randomly throw up around that age. We assume he just wasn't chewing well enough. And kudos for hiding the tv!

Sarah said...

I have enjoyed reading over your blog and seeing all your updates. I think that your kiddos are both completely sassy and adorable, and I wish they could play with my girls. I am so glad you are feeling better and not having food aversions (I get those too. Dislike!) It helps a lot.