Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Almost 21 weeks

I guess it's time for an update on this pregnancy.

I'm completely over the nausea and vomiting. The last time I threw up was on July 5th, at 16 wks. Ironically after I posted about how much better I was feeling :) I felt the baby move at 17 wks. I felt Vince move at 18 wks and Azure at 20 wks. So, I guess it's true that you feel them earlier with each pregnancy.

I haven't exercised since before the nausea hit so that has been hard. It is too hot to run, even at 8am. And currently I'm not a member of any gym. The heat,combined with lack of exercise, and pregnancy in general has left me feeling fatigued. I don't like the way I feel when I'm not exercising consistently so I know this has to change. I'm waiting for cooler temps. Unfortunately, at-home exercise videos have never motivated me. I've always been a gym-goer. Or amateur runner.

I've been eating a little bit healthier now that I have zero food aversions. I can't tell you how nice it is to not have food aversions! I can eat and digest food like a normal person. Such a huge blessing that I don't take for granted during pregnancy!

Some things I like to snack on are:

Almonds- raw and roasted
Cottage cheese or Greek yogurt w/ blueberries and/or strawberries (drizzled w/ honey if berries aren't quite ripe)
Grape tomatoes (surprisingly good just by themselves)
PB & bananas
Cheese & crackers (Ritz)
Turkey & avocado sandwiches (my obsession as of late)
Cake (shhh!)
Ben & Jerry's (we buy 10 pints when they're BOGO free @ Publix- this is why I need to exercise again)

I found this super yummy recipe on Pinterest for raw cookie dough bites with almonds and oatmeal. Pretty healthy, tons of protein, great for snacking. Did you know you should shoot for 100 grams of protein a day when pregnant?! {I used honey instead of agave nectar, b/c I didn't have any}

Braxton Hicks! Never had these w/ the first 2 pregnancies. This time around I get them a few times a week. To be honest, it makes me kinda excited to think that maybe my body has finally figured out this whole pregnancy/birth thing and perhaps I can actually dilate with each contraction, labor for less than 24 hrs, and push for less than 3 this time! That would be awesome!

Other than the sweltering heat and humidity, clothes that don't really fit thus having to layer which only increases the stickiness, things with this pregnancy are going great now. Sometimes I think about the months we tried with no success (if we conceived when we had first tired we'd have a 3 month old right now), and the miscarriage (my due date was Aug. 31), and I am extremely grateful and humbled that I am pregnant with a healthy baby BOY!
I feel so much huger than I really look!

I really thought it was a girl so I'm still recovering from shock. When Vince was 2 months old (April 17, 2010) I felt the presence of our unborn daughter while I was in the temple. Since then, I wondered if she was going to come next or not. And when we found out last Christmas we were pregnant, I really thought it was a girl. When we lost her in January, I knew that she would come back to me and I guess I just assumed it would be this time. But, apparently her brother beat her in line and she's still not ready to come yet :)

As soon as we can decide on a name, I know I will start feeling even more bonded to this sweet, little son of ours.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Great list of snack ideas and the recipe looks tasty, too! It was so good to catch up yesterday!

Aunt Tally said...

You look like mom! :)

Michelle said...

Yay! It will be nice for Vince to have a brother close to him in age. My boys are best buds. Maybe the Lord will keep sending boys so you have to have a bunch of kids in order to get that girl.... :)

Deanna said...

Michelle, that is precisely what I'm scared of!

Jamie said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! Yay for another boy!

Line said...

You look great! I'm so glad you are feeling better.

And, for some reason I thought of a particular experience while reading this post. When I found out I was having twins, I immediately felt like this could be my last pregnancy. I felt that if I had two boys, that would be Heavenly Father's way of telling me I'm not done yet and if I had two girls it would be His way of saying I'm good to stop. When we found out we were having one of each, I thought "of course, Heavenly Father wouldn't make this decision that easy." :)It's just part of the growing process I suppose!