Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 21, 2012

Catch Up: Azure's birthday and party

On Azure's actual birthday (Thursday, June 21- she was born on a Thursday so we've already come full circle) she had art camp. I made cupcakes for her to bring to class. That was when I was sick and hadn't cooked in almost 2 months. I didn't have any oil except extra virgin olive oil so I used that. It didn't taste so bad with the frosting added to it, but definitely a distinct flavor w/o frosting.

That night for dinner we went to Chuck E Cheese at her request. We had talked about going for the past 2 yrs and still never had done so. Her birthday seemed like the time to finally make it happen. The Saavedras joined us (minus Brian who was deployed).

She loved it! Their pizza wasn't as bad as I remembered and their salad bar was actually pretty good. This was extremely important to me, being sick at the time.
Skee ball with Daddy
Vince had this strange fascination/fear of Chuck E. He asked Charles to keep letting him see him, but held onto Charles for dear life.

you can see Vince's sweet curls here really well

Then on Saturday we had Azure's party. She chose a Strawberry Shortcake theme. For the first time I bought her cake. With me being sick, there was no way I was going to attempt to make it myself.


It was a pretty simple party. A few close friends (Josie & Lily Clark, Tyla & Tessa Bryce, Addi & Colton Saavedra), swimming, water balloons, food, cake, and presents (though I debated asking for no presents). A great way to celebrate not only Azure's birth, but summer solstice as well. I think it's kind of fun that when I was in high school I used to orchestrate a summer solstice activity (at least a couple years) involving having a bonfire at Huntington Beach with my friends. Now, on summer solstice I orchestrate a birthday party for my first born. I celebrated her birthday even before she was born :) God is most definitely in the details of our lives. AND my Mom's birthday is the very next day.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is so cool you celebrated her birthday way back when:). I'm also glad I'm not the only one who still needs to blog the summer;).