We knew we would use it for our 6th anniversary in May. We could only go on a weekend and gratefully for us, our anniversary this year landed on a weekend (Sunday). I really like celebrating the actual day of things so this was meaningful to me.
When we found out we were expecting last Christmas I realized I would be too far along to go. (The cut off limit per cruise rules was 24 wks). So, we looked at going for my birthday instead but, it didn't look like it was going to work. When I miscarried I realized this was yet another reason that the timing was not right.
The timing of this trip proved to be one of my respites from the nausea and vomiting. I only wished it was longer than 2 nights. This trip was just too quick. It almost feels like it didn't even happen!
We dropped off the kids at the Dworczyks Saturday morning and boarded the ship in West Palm Beach, FL that afternoon.
The boat took off at sunset.
The food wasn't as great as Royal Caribbean's but, I was still grateful for it and ate every 2 hrs :)
We purchased an off-shore excursion to spend the day at this resort- Lucaya Grand Bahama. My jaw dropped when I saw the view. I loved their swimming pool! (This is not us if you can't tell)
I love my buttermilk-mayo boy :)
Charles had the brilliant idea to purchase snorkels for this trip. We saw lots of cool little fishes.
And he took lots of pics of me. I don't look like this anymore because I'm almost 6 months pregnant and am fatter :)
Coconut water is not my favorite. I made Charles finish it. Made for a good pic though, right? Also a word of caution- it does a number on your bowels.
It was a fabulous trip filled with romance and food. Only one slight quarrel regarding a jet-ski rental ;) Happy 6 years to my eternal companion and best friend. I love you Charlie!


















4 comments:
Looks wOnderful!! I appreciate your honesty about the quarrel...resolving those is what marriage is all about! You look so great even if you're bigger now:)
When we were in Cozumel last January we went all over the island looking for a coconut to drink out of. It was one of those bucket list items I just had to do…drink out of a coconut before you die kinda thing…yeah it was awful! But makes for a cute picture :)
So fun! Never been on a cruise but want to go on one someday. And I imagine ur not fat at all,.even at 6 months preggo :)
Looks like so much fun! Such gorgeous scenery!!
Post a Comment