Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Springtime Festivities

March and April have been filled with at least one trip to the beach each week on average. Unfortunately Charles has only gone with us one of those times. Less than 2 months now and we are done with this residency. Hallelujah!

The weather has been really nice. Except for when it's gone from 60' one day to 90' the next. That's hard on my sinuses. Let it go on the record how much I love beach weather and how much I love living in a coastal city. I do miss mountains, but if I had to chose between the two, I choose the beach.

Let me go further on a tangent and say that I believe this runs deeper than just personal preference. I truly believe that my love for warmth and the coast is engrained in my DNA. Having ancestors from both islands (Sicily and Cuba) and peninsulas (Spain and France) confirms that I am just not equipped to live too far from a warm coast :)

 

As much as we've gone to the beach, I haven't once brought the camera. Already too much stuff to pack, don't wanna get sand in it.

We even made a trip to Hilton Head complete with swimming and ice cream. Funnest beach trip yet!

I ran another 5K with the young men and women in our ward. It wasn't measured right though so it was more like 2.5 miles instead of 3.1. My new goal in regards to running is to place in a 5K. I still have no desire to ever run a marathon. I prefer speed over endurance. Does that say something about my character? Probably :)

For our preschool group on April 3rd we took the kids (plus more) to our local fire station.  They were more interested in riding the mechanical fire truck than the real one. Typical! It was a lot of fun. Our next trip I think will be to Publix, our favorite grocery store.

Hurry, hurry, drive that fire truck!



Later that night Lindz and I went to the Savannah Music Festival and saw Chris Thile, an amazing mandolin player and singer. I had never heard of him before but, I was swooning by the end of the night. And it wasn't his good looks (he kinda looks like a werewolf!), it was his amazing musical talent. It was such a fun girl's night! After seeing live shows I always chastise myself for not going to them more often. Of all art forms, expressing oneself through music touches me the most. Good, quality, music.

The next day we took a trip to the Botanical Gardens with our adopted grandmother, Lessie Anderson who is 92.
 Before we got there she insisted on buying them some candy. They chose lollipops. Somehow Vince fell in a small pond. Azure was screaming for me and he emerged with leaves and moss on his shirt and a small lilly pad on his head. He seemed a little shocked, but not too shaken up, as he was clutching his lollipop with a tight fist. Once he saw me and realized everything was okay, he stuck it back in his mouth.
I don't know how deep it was but, the very top of his head was wet.

One night after Azure went to bed, I walked up the stairs to see this. It made me cry. I had been having a hard day and this really made me feel loved.

 Then I snuck in her room and took this while she was sleeping.

We saw baby chicks at the hatchery the week before Easter.


And there's more...to be continued.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love preschool visits to the fire station and I agree that live music is so uplifting!!

I also love your ancestral map:)

You're awesome, Deanna!

Sarah said...

What fun adventures. I love that you're a coastal gal. I love your sweet little love note, and I love that you got to go see a show. I need to do that sometime.