Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Easter and forgiveness

We are SO in need of an update over here. Let's just start with Easter and then I'll back track later. You all know Easter is my favorite, right?!

One thing I do dislike about Easter though, is that it always falls on a different day, or different month, each year. I really, REALLY love Easter being the 2nd Sunday in April. Conference weekend the week before Easter is so perfect. It really sets the stage for our whole Holy Week. Can I make a deal with someone that Easter can forever and always be on the 2nd Sunday in April? Please?!

Conference! I could do an entire post just on Conference. I felt a common theme was forgiveness. And, oh, how I needed that topic! I mentioned in my birthday post how challenging it had been for me. Things seemed to click in my mind how I could go about forgiving while maintaining my personal boundaries. (a huge source of my struggle) Of course, I had prayed and fasted about it many, many, many times. Conference just made it all come together.

I will just say that God does answer prayers (sometimes it takes a long time to figure out what the answer is) and that He respects our agency and is very patient with us. He is intimately involved in the little details of our lives.

I made amends with my offender the day before Easter with a lot of support from friends and mostly Charles. I could not do it without him! It felt like a big milestone in our marriage. There's no way I can make it to heaven without this guy. No way.

If anyone reading this is carrying around a burden or a grudge against someone let me motivate you to reconcile it- not for their sake, but your own. I feel much happier! Forgiveness is not synonymous with acceptance of the offenders actions or even friendship. That was hard to figure out!

Onto Easter....

egg dyeing
and egg hunting
not egg snacking (no hard boiled egg fans here)

Some bunny loves you ;)




On your marks...

Go!






zip-lining

and tramp-jumping
static hair flying

Resurrection roll making

early morning rejoicing

I awoke just before sunrise to read all 4 accounts on the morning of Christ's resurrection on our back porch. It's something I try to do every year since my time at BYU. (preferably at dawn and outside) Hearing the birds chirp enthusiastically as I read and watched the darkness dissipate into dawn filled my heart with love and gratitude and testimony.

Azure and I sang Hosanna together (just the two of us) as part of our ward's Easter program. This is our 2nd time performing together. I just love that girl.

Having forgiven my foe the day before, coupled with a morning devotional and a performance with Azure, really made this an even more meaningful Easter. Christ lives and He loves us!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the update. I love Easter too. I love your tradition of reading the accounts outside every Easter morning. Sounds stealable. Glad conference was good for you. I love it always, and am needing to go back and re-read/listen to the wonderful talks.

Bonnie said...

Your Easter eggs look so pretty! I love coloring eggs, I think it might be my favorite... And you are right about forgiveness. It takes a lot of personal strength to do what you have to do to release the negative energy.

Catherine said...

Great post, Deanna! I love you and I love your writing (and photos)!

lori said...

Wish I could have heard you girls sing!! I'm sure it was beautiful! Loved your meaningful insights in this sweet post and glad you had a wonderful holiday! I always think about you with love at Eastertime!!