Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

My birthday has started out great. I woke up at 6am this morning and went running with 2 of my friends. I came home to Charles making me an omelet with fruit and yogurt for breakfast. So unexpected! When we were ordinance workers in the Provo Temple our first year of marriage we would come home from our shift and make omelets together. Sweet memories :)

I had a birthday lunch with Theresa, Jen, and Lindsey and our 8 children at Back in the Day Bakery. Home of my favorite cupcakes. Homemade, not box mix.
Picasa is like instagram now!!!

Charles and I made my birthday cake together last night-a raspberry creme layer cake. Didn't turn out the way I expected-I am so not a baker! It still tasted good though.


Charlie and Azure got me a balance board to keep my abs tight. They know me well :)


And some Lindt chocolates that apparently Azure picked out and wanted to make sure that I would share them with her :)

Then we went on a dinner date to the Casbah. We expected to be rockin' but, turns out we got rocked with the wrong meal. Oh well, we made the best of it and ate it anyways. Mostly it was a lovely evening because I got to admire this face that I love so much from across the table.

We ended the night watching North Shore on Netflix. So ridiculous! Charles keeps watching this clip over and over again. Whatevas!



I love birthdays! I have an uncanny memory for birthdays. I remember many birthdays from my friends in elementary school that I have long since lost contact with. I love making a BIG deal out of my birthday so I enjoy doing the same for others.

I have really been looking forward to my birthday for awhile because my birthday kinda feels like New Years Day for me. I feel like it's a rebirth (so appropriate for my spring birth), a time to start over. And I need a fresh start! This past year has been a tough one for me. Charles' residency has put a toll on all of us and our family life. I have had emotional turmoil and anxiety since the incident last May and reoccurring incidents over and over since then. I am learning where the line between forgiveness and not being taken advantage of lies. It has been extremely challenging. I don't have any pics of me crying my eyes out but, there could be plenty.

But, at the same time this has been a really good year too. I am learning more about myself and how to be comfortable in my own skin. I have more close friends than I've had since before I was married! (such an answer to prayers) I have multiple friends on my speed dial (that's how you know if I'm really tight with someone, they make it to my speed dial :).  I thrive when I am surrounded by people who truly love me and I'm getting closer to thriving.

I have been reminded that you cannot experience joy without experiencing pain. You have to taste the bitter to know the sweet. But, even in those painful, bitter days the Lord allows moments of joy every day. I am so grateful for that. And I am grateful for happy days filled with laughter and pure joy.

My 31st year is going to beat the pants off my 30th year! (Technically this is my 32nd yr right?) I am so excited and so filled with hope.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy birthday to one of the most amazing women I know! Your day sounds wonderful and can't wait to see pics of dinner and dancing:)

Sarah said...

Thanks for the awesome perspective. I really hope this year is better in so many ways. Glad you had a fun day. I know what you mean about friends being answers to prayers. I don't know what I would do without mine.

lori said...

You're a beautiful woman, Deanna! Inside and out! Happy 31st! Thanks for being a great support and dear friend to me always! I hope this year truly is wonderful for you!!!!!!

Line said...

Happy birthday Deanna! Sounds like it was a great day. Cheers to a great year! :)

Catherine said...

I love this post! The great photos, the insightful comments, and hearing that you're feeling happy and hopeful just makes me smile. I love you!!!

Michelle said...

Happy birthday you beautiful momma!! :)

Cassie said...

I wish I was there to celebrate with you girlies! Glad I got to talk to you earlier this week though. Love ya!