Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tybee Beach Run

The day after Vince's birthday (and the day of his party which was a factor in my stress) I ran a race on the beach. It was just short of a 5K- 2.8 miles. For awhile now I've wanted to run a race on the beach (on the actual sand) so I was pretty excited about this opportunity. Last year I ran the 5K with the kids in the jogging stroller and Charles ran the half.

I ran it barefoot on hard packed sand- it was cool. My time was 24:03! My goal was 27 mins so I was pleasantly surprised. I think it helped that I was running on flat ground as opposed to up a bridge.

I asked Charlie to run the last little bit with me instead of taking pics. So, we didn't get any of me finishing, but here are the ones they took. I'm tempted to buy some of these since they got all 4 of us together.

at the starting line


where's mommy?
there she is!
Daddy's girls

They had so much fun chasing the birds on the pier. Especially Vince.

And this is the best picture of the day!


2 comments:

Tara said...

Way to go on your time! Love Azure and her cute little outfit. And that picture of Vince with the birds is classic - so funny!

Bonnie said...

That is just about the best picture ever! Way to go on the race!