Our Family Home Evening activity the day before Valentines consisted of making sugar cookies, valentines, and going around the table telling each other why we love one another. After explaining this Azure said to me, "Oh, I thought we were all going to run around the table."
She just beams when Charles and I tell her the reasons we love her. I guess this girls love language is words of affirmation like her mama's. So, I've started telling her the reasons I love her before bed now too.
On the night of Valentines, we put the kids to bed early (6:30!) and made our traditional meal at home. I still dream about the salmon I had in St. Augustine so I tried to recreate that- salmon over fettuccine with lemon caper sauce. I was pretty impressed that it came out so good without having a recipe. The reason it was so good was because it had a ton of olive oil, butter, parmesan cheese, and heavy cream in the sauce :) Definitely not a meal to eat often unless you want a heart attack.
Oh, and we made these signs for the grandparents. Did you know we haven't seen my parents in 14 months now? And we haven't seen Charles' mom for 2 yrs? And Charles' Dad has never even met Vince? Crazy.










3 comments:
I love the fhe activity--I think I'll implement that in my own family next year :). And that salmon pasta dish looks so yummy! I love salmon and I love pasta and alfredo sauce, yum!
And finally, great job on your race!
Aw, I miss them!
Augh- I didn't realize it had been so long since you'd seen your families. How sad!
I love your Valentine's ideas. It's fun with little kids, and hard because you can't get out as easily. What a fun date night.
Post a Comment